The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Wild and wooly here. I am very busy, back later........

What's this "Mellors" business? 🤔

classic33

Leg End Member
One for @classic33
My strange dream last night.......really strange.
I was talking to a guy I have not actually seen in 30 years. He showed me a jar of blackcurrant jam.
The jam was 17 years old. It had been opened and partly used.
Then his daughter was born and he had decided to keep it as a memory/tribute to her.
The jam btw was moldy.
Then the dream ended.
You have unfinished business that you want closure on. however the result may not be to your liking. The half used mouldy jam.
Jam in a dream is usually about love, but love of what?
How old is his daughter now., given the age of the jam.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Good morning. Wild and wooly here. I am very busy, back later........

What's this "Mellors" business? 🤔

I was 13 at the time, I think you are younger than me, so, you would not have been one of the 3 million ;)

Edit: link fixed (I hope) ;)

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Looks like a 5-carriage train will be put on today. Let's hope it will be less crowded than the one I caught to get down here!

We are going down to Devon, probably Sunday , in Bideford , to see our daughter, for a few days. I will be taking my bike with me. Going by car and the cost of fuel for a return journey will be around 90 pounds.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We are going down to Devon, probably Sunday , in Bideford , to see our daughter, for a few days. I will be taking my bike with me. Going by car and the cost of fuel for a return journey will be around 90 pounds.

To fill my Renault Captur (Diesel), from "empty", used to cost about £34, last time I filled up, it was £56.

It is now, not possible to fill my Motorhome tank from "empty" at most self service pumps (which typically have a limit of £99 per transaction), because the cost of filling it is now well over £99!

rustybolts

pedalling tediously

Pensioner goes to A&E with memory loss after day-time sex with wife​

The curious case appears in the latest edition of the Irish Medical Journal.​

1 hour ago 22,506 Views 21 Comments
Share1 Tweet Email
coronavirus-tue-dec-29-2020-4-390x285.jpg

University Hospital Limerick medics say the case highlights sexual intercourse as a trigger of recurrent Transient Global Amnesia.
Image: PA
A PENSIONER TURNED up at a hospital A&E here with short term memory loss brought about by daytime sex with his wife.
That is according to a new paper by Irish medics which documents how the 66-year-old man suffered from sudden onset amnesia or Transient Global Amnesia (TGA) within 10 minutes of having sex.
It was the second time that the man suffered from sudden onset amnesia within 10 minutes of sexual intercourse.
In the paper in the newly released May edition of the Irish Medical Journal (IMJ), the medics at Dept of Neurology at University Hospital Limerick (UHL) state that the case highlights sexual intercourse as a trigger of recurrent Transient Global Amnesia.
Outlining the details, the medics recount how the man endured one hour of amnesia before presenting himself at the hospital A&E one afternoon.

The medics state that “on the afternoon presentation, he had engaged in sexual intercourse 10 minutes before the onset of memory disturbance”.
They recount “after seeing the date on his phone, he became distressed that he had forgotten his wedding anniversary the day before”.
“He had, in fact, celebrated his wedding anniversary with his wife and family on the previous day. His autobiographical memory remained intact, but he had no memory of that morning or the celebrations the night before”.
The medics state that “the man repetitively questioned his wife and daughter over the events of that morning and the previous day”.
The paper states that “no other neurological symptoms were reported and upon arrival to the emergency department his neurological examination was completely normal”.
The amnesia episode suffered by the man followed a similar hospital presentation event seven years previous by him and according to the medics that amnesia event also came within 10 minutes of sexual intercourse.
The medics describe that the earlier amnesia event came “with an identical postcoital onset”. :crazy:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Pensioner goes to A&E with memory loss after day-time sex with wife​

The curious case appears in the latest edition of the Irish Medical Journal.​

1 hour ago 22,506 Views 21 Comments
Share1 Tweet Email
View attachment 646324
University Hospital Limerick medics say the case highlights sexual intercourse as a trigger of recurrent Transient Global Amnesia.
Image: PA
A PENSIONER TURNED up at a hospital A&E here with short term memory loss brought about by daytime sex with his wife.
That is according to a new paper by Irish medics which documents how the 66-year-old man suffered from sudden onset amnesia or Transient Global Amnesia (TGA) within 10 minutes of having sex.
It was the second time that the man suffered from sudden onset amnesia within 10 minutes of sexual intercourse.
In the paper in the newly released May edition of the Irish Medical Journal (IMJ), the medics at Dept of Neurology at University Hospital Limerick (UHL) state that the case highlights sexual intercourse as a trigger of recurrent Transient Global Amnesia.
Outlining the details, the medics recount how the man endured one hour of amnesia before presenting himself at the hospital A&E one afternoon.

The medics state that “on the afternoon presentation, he had engaged in sexual intercourse 10 minutes before the onset of memory disturbance”.
They recount “after seeing the date on his phone, he became distressed that he had forgotten his wedding anniversary the day before”.
“He had, in fact, celebrated his wedding anniversary with his wife and family on the previous day. His autobiographical memory remained intact, but he had no memory of that morning or the celebrations the night before”.
The medics state that “the man repetitively questioned his wife and daughter over the events of that morning and the previous day”.
The paper states that “no other neurological symptoms were reported and upon arrival to the emergency department his neurological examination was completely normal”.
The amnesia episode suffered by the man followed a similar hospital presentation event seven years previous by him and according to the medics that amnesia event also came within 10 minutes of sexual intercourse.
The medics describe that the earlier amnesia event came “with an identical postcoital onset”. :crazy:

Only once a year on his wedding anniversary, and, not even every year! Poor soul. ;)

Top Bottom