The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If they're not cancelled first.
Good from Birmingham. Filling up at Sheffield now. And raining...

We are going down to Devon, probably Sunday , in Bideford , to see our daughter, for a few days. I will be taking my bike with me. Going by car and the cost of fuel for a return journey will be around 90 pounds.
£97 rail fares for me, and that is with 1/3 off with my railcard.

Only once a year on his wedding anniversary, and, not even every year! Poor soul. ;)
For some of us, not even once a decade! :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
This could only happen in Ireland.... the mind boggles
1653573522394.png

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Did me shopping at Sainsburys, a lot of shelves empty, no beef at all even mince and no cheesecake plenty of flour and I found everything else.
The school up the road are doing cycling proficiency test and as I came up the road they all clapped and cheered, I gave them a wave and a toot. :hello:
Seeing there was no cheesecake I made another syrup cake, thank you Mrs WD 😍, but if I put on weight I'll blame you.;)

classic33

Leg End Member
The train before this was one WAS cancelled but I wouldn't have been here in Leeds in time to catch it anyway. Looks like this one is just before the worst of the evening rush, and is also much longer than usual so there are plenty of seats.

And we're off...!
There's two main finishing times in Leeds, for office staff, 4pm & 6pm. You're travelling before the second of those times, and too early for shop staff finishing at 5pm.

First stop, New Pudsey?

classic33

Leg End Member
Did me shopping at Sainsburys, a lot of shelves empty, no beef at all even mince and no cheesecake plenty of flour and I found everything else.
The school up the road are doing cycling proficiency test and as I came up the road they all clapped and cheered, I gave them a wave and a toot. :hello:
Seeing there was no cheesecake I made another syrup cake, thank you Mrs WD 😍, but if I put on weight I'll blame you.;).
No-one said you had to eat it.

ColinJ

There's two main finishing times in Leeds, for office staff, 4pm & 6pm. You're travelling before the second of those times, and too early for shop staff finishing at 5pm.

First stop, New Pudsey?

Leaving Halifax now... IN SUNSHINE!

I will soon be home, after a quick shop at Aldi in Todmorden. I have 2 days of the Giro to catch up with this evening.

I watched The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix in Devon. Enjoyed it.

D

Deleted member 1258

We had an excellent and profitable afternoon down the club, but it started badly, we had the frame on my Good Ladies wheelchair fail when we were leaving the house and we had to swap her to our spare chair out on the pavement outside the house. Dispite that we had a good lunch in Tina's cafe not far from the club and a good afternoon having a gossip with friends and family and as a bonus me and my Sister In Law won on the bingo. When we got home we found we'd both won a tenner on the Post Code Lottery.

ColinJ

Rain forecast in 10 minutes time, on the hour.
Nope - sun still shining. I bumped into a pal in Aldi. He wanted to borrow some tools so he came back for them, a chat, and a mug of tea.

I am going to slobber about this evening watching lots of TV, and planning a 100 km ride to keep my momentum building after too long spent doing only short rides.

Top Bottom