The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Afternoon all . Am spending a little time with my daughter today as she’s got a day off before starting her new job working in our local hospital. She has even bought me lunch and a coffee, so who am I to say no . 😀 Just enjoying my second coffee which might be a little dangerous for a man of my age 😂.
Still no return of my love of cycling , it’s the end of may and I still haven’t ridden any of my bikes this year 😕. On the plus side I am sailing more , Wednesdays and Sundays so it’s not all bad on the exercise front . Will be down the club all weekend , on duty of Saturday and sailing on Sunday so life is not all bad 😀

Last edited:

Exlaser2

Veteran
Well......for the first time ever I've been beaten by a 'child's portion' fish and chips!
View attachment 646454
Had to leave some of the chips and peas. I was stuffed!
Jeez they must have some big kids round here!
Was in the Old Inn at St Breward and the lady sitting opposite us, on the right, was full of mischief.
View attachment 646455
Hillary is 101. :eek:

Is she looking for a toy boy ? There could be a few takers on this thread .😂😂😂😂😂😂

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Well......for the first time ever I've been beaten by a 'child's portion' fish and chips!
View attachment 646454
Had to leave some of the chips and peas. I was stuffed!
Jeez they must have some big kids round here!
Was in the Old Inn at St Breward and the lady sitting opposite us, on the right, was full of mischief.
View attachment 646455
Hillary is 101. :eek:

Is that a really big portion for a child , or a very small plate.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yikes!

We decided to treat ourselves to a 12" vegetarian pizza to have with this evening's salad. When I moved here 7 years ago they used to cost £5. Then the price gradually went up to £5.50, £6.00, and eventually to £6.50 a year or so back. They have suddenly gone up to £8.00! :eek:

I looked through the price leaflet. Most prices have gone up by around 20% in one hit. I can really see inflation kicking in there... :sad:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Try Larry Ramsden's in North Wales.
Harry Ramsden's is only a trading name* now, and has been for a few years.

*No longer a Yorkshire company either.

I know. This was frozen stuff from Iceland ( the shop) not the country :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yikes!

We decided to treat ourselves to a 12" vegetarian pizza to have with this evening's salad. When I moved here 7 years ago they used to cost £5. Then the price gradually went up to £5.50, £6.00, and eventually to £6.50 a year or so back. They have suddenly gone up to £8.00! :eek:

I looked through the price leaflet. Most prices have gone up by around 20% in one hit. I can really see inflation kicking in there... :sad:

We regularly get a Domino's leaflet shoved through the letter box. I sometimes read it before binning it. I can't understand people paying those prices**
**having said that, my son and partner own a pub/restaurant yet will sometimes send out for a pizza:sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yikes!

Aldi do great pizza for £3.50/4.00

Top Bottom