The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
In the last few weeks Mrs 12's health has declined greatlyas she stopped chemo. The last round was simply too brutal on her GI tract and last Thursday I made her go to the ER whereupon she was hospitalized until Thursday. My sons came up late Thursday afternoon at which time she transferred to Hospice at her request. We spent some good time with her and I learned at 5:40 yesterday morning she had just passed away in her sleep. She fought hard for about 5 1/2 years without complaining oor losing her sweet nature, and when she was ready, left us. As with most of us, she wanted to die quietly in her sleep and that is what happened. Although I obviously will have to learn to live without her, it is very comforting that she is no longer suffering. We would have been married 44 years in July.

classic33

Leg End Member
In the last few weeks Mrs 12's health has declined greatlyas she stopped chemo. The last round was simply too brutal on her GI tract and last Thursday I made her go to the ER whereupon she was hospitalized until Thursday. My sons came up late Thursday afternoon at which time she transferred to Hospice at her request. We spent some good time with her and I learned at 5:40 yesterday morning she had just passed away in her sleep. She fought hard for about 5 1/2 years without complaining oor losing her sweet nature, and when she was ready, left us. As with most of us, she wanted to die quietly in her sleep and that is what happened. Although I obviously will have to learn to live without her, it is very comforting that she is no longer suffering. We would have been married 44 years in July.
Sorry to read that, and hope that you carry on remembering the good times you had together.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Can't say too much as that has really upset me.
My thoughts and best wishes are with you my friend.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Deepest sympathy for your loss. At least she got the exit she wanted.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

avsd

Guru
What sad news. May she rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

pawl

Legendary Member

So sorry to here of your loss

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

Sending our thoughts on your sad loss

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, that is sad news...

Deepest sympathy for your loss. At least she got the exit she wanted.
And from me too.

Yes, it was nice that she could just drift off in her sleep like that.

I wouldn't have the strength and courage to fight an illness for that long. She must have been a very brave woman.

Top Bottom