The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: good morning people, its bright and sunny, I found the receipt for the broken wheelchair and will be taking it with me when I go shopping later, its only seven months old, I'll nip in the shop and have a word.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning peeps.
It's a bit grey outside, but is forecast to improve later on.
Wordle in 5, wordhurdle in 4:okay:
All the usual stuff to do, and our son is popping in on in way to work at lunchtime. He is in the process of selling his place and is trying to find some paperwork from when he bought it 6 years back.
I should be able to get out on the bike later for a few hours.
My day in a nutshell. :cuppa:
Of course this may all change. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

I've had a delivery from Wiggle this morning, Ron Hill Tracksters, complete with a pack of Haribo

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I like Ron Hill tracksters I have four pairs two black and two blue :smile:
I have worn out my 2 old pairs. They are still okay for cycling in because I wear shorts under them. Semi-transparent with holes is not a good look for walking around in. I bought a new pair a few weeks ago.

I have been quietly busy so far today. I walked to the shops and...
  • Bought chillies and pitta breads from the local Asian 'corner' shop. (They moved from their old corner location, and are now a couple of shops from a corner!)
  • Bought a USB C-C lead from a stall at Tod market. The one I use for charging my tablet (and sometimes my phone) is unreliable - it looks like it has been trodden on.
  • Picked up my warfarin prescription from Boots. That reminded me that I hadn't received a letter for my next appointment.
  • Got a Metro from the station.
  • Did a shop at Aldi, including...
  • Dry weather bike lube for £3.99 and...
  • A pasta donation to the community food collection.
  • Gave my 50p change to a busker outside who was playing a mandolin.
  • Phoned the anticoagulation clinic to request an appointment letter. (They made an appointment over the phone but I need the letter to avoid having to give a venous blood sample next time. The finger-prick blood sample testing machine has to scan a barcode on the letter - no letter = needle stabbed in vein!)
  • Rang the dental practice to make an appointment. I haven't been since Covid broke out and a back tooth at the top feels like it will be needing a filling soon, maybe even VERY soon - it was aching on the 100 km ride I did in Devon on Tuesday.
  • Rang my pal in Hebden Bridge. She is coming for a tea-'n-TV night here.
  • Requested a refund for non-delivery of brake pads that I had ordered before going away.
Now I will do the Metro crosswords and try to guess what new excuses Boris has thought up for drunken overnight brawls at Downing Street during lockdown! :whistle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Well......for the first time ever I've been beaten by a 'child's portion' fish and chips!
IMG_20220527_124626953.jpg

Had to leave some of the chips and peas. I was stuffed!
Jeez they must have some big kids round here!
Was in the Old Inn at St Breward and the lady sitting opposite us, on the right, was full of mischief.
IMG_20220527_124002387_HDR.jpg

Hillary is 101. :eek:

Top Bottom