The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Today I have mostly done nothing.
  1. 9.20 got up
  2. 10.00 - 14.00 arsed about, tidied, washing
  3. 14.00 - 15.00 back to bed for nap
  4. 15.00 - 16.00 drank tea
  5. 16.00 - 19.30 I now have 3.5 hours to get all the chores done before Mrs P returns :eek:
It was my Tom's 30th Birthday Party last night

IMG_20181212_184749659.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Not long back, did my short loop to Hatton, 52 miles, it was a lovely ride, a tad chilly and the breeze was a bit strong, but it was dry and there wasn't much ice about, and it had cleared by the time I came out the cafe

View attachment 442460

The sign is a bit cheeky, considering the Canal and River Trust say it's fine to ride on their towpaths, provided one follows their "don't be a twit" code of practice.

D

Deleted member 1258

The sign is a bit cheeky, considering the Canal and River Trust say it's fine to ride on their towpaths, provided one follows their "don't be a twit" code of practice.

Yes it is, but, there's a biggish outside seating area the other side of the cafe from where my bikes parked and it gets a bit busy around the front of the cafe, so its a good idea to use the road. Its a small internal road runs parallel to the towpath, just mind the speed bumps.

D

Deleted member 1258

It is probably sensible, but that doesn't make the sign any less wrong. Perhaps the pub seating could go on the parallel road instead ;)

The main car parking is down the bottom as you ride/drive in, but theres a small car park by the cafe, staff, deliveries, disabled and a couple of spare spaces, I don't think people would be impressed if you moved the seating onto the road. :smile:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Tonight I shall be laying in a ditch in Binley Woods waiting for a SAR dog to find me.

Did you survive? :cold:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning, shortly I shall be out once again with Millie for a couple of hours with a mate of mine and his lurcher called Lewis. His previous dog was called Morse^_^
No doubt coffee and bacon sandwiches will be consumed before we come home .
I have to find a Christmas present for MrsP today so I will be out and about looking. A couple of ales at lunchtime might help the old grey matter to focus.

Top Bottom