The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The sea is very loud this morning and the farmer across the road is blatting around the fields in his tractor.
Think I'll walk down the pub for a bit of peace and quiet........

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Did it make a noise if there was no one there to hear it?
Deep, man.....:becool:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
IFA update, for anyone who remembers I was muttering on about that. Doesn't look like a particularly early retirement, but we are on track to have a comfy one, which is reassuring.

Now grappling with doing the calcs between:

Doing nothing and leaving funds in hands of existing providers
Sticking it into a SIPP account and handing over a fair chunk each year to IFA & retained Fund Manager in the hope that they produce great returns to justify the not inconsiderable fees.
Sticking it into a SIPP and handing over a great deal less to a company that offers a similar service delivered online.

This exercise was supposed to make things clearer, too!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
IFA update, for anyone who remembers I was muttering on about that. Doesn't look like a particularly early retirement, but we are on track to have a comfy one, which is reassuring.

Now grappling with doing the calcs between:

Doing nothing and leaving funds in hands of existing providers
Sticking it into a SIPP account and handing over a fair chunk each year to IFA & retained Fund Manager in the hope that they produce great returns to justify the not inconsiderable fees.
Sticking it into a SIPP and handing over a great deal less to a company that offers a similar service delivered online.

This exercise was supposed to make things clearer, too!

What i can guarantee is, you will have a headache thinking about it. Good luck.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
IMG_20181216_123108778.jpg

Sunday lunch at the White Lion - £6.75. :hungry:

Top Bottom