The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I gave up with mine in the end, brought a new one, but I'd had the old one about ten years.

Similar experiance, but annoying also as in domestic use you feel you never really get your moneys worth out of it with the amount of printing you do with it.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
When the inks run out it is often cheaper to throw the printer away and buy a new one.

I had an old Epson that was fine for the little bit of printing that I do. Also replacement cartridges were cheap as chips off ebay. But then it decided not to play so I had to buy another. At least compatable replacement cartridges are cheap compared to the originals.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had an old Epson that was fine for the little bit of printing that I do. Also replacement cartridges were cheap as chips off ebay. But then it decided not to play so I had to buy another. At least compatable replacement cartridges are cheap compared to the originals.

I have an epson as well. I quite like them as they are simple to use and as you say, you can get cheap inks on ebay

D

Deleted member 1258

Its just come up on my facebook page, its been three years since I retired. :dance:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
When the inks run out it is often cheaper to throw the printer away and buy a new one.

HP are now doing a monthly scheme I believe - i.e. the printer requests new ink as it get's low. Monthly sub. TBH we buy the re-manufactured stuff. We usually get 1 in 10 cartridges that are a bit duff. Still, at 33 a cartridge rather than £15, it's much cheaper.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
HP are now doing a monthly scheme I believe - i.e. the printer requests new ink as it get's low. Monthly sub. TBH we buy the re-manufactured stuff. We usually get 1 in 10 cartridges that are a bit duff. Still, at 33 a cartridge rather than £15, it's much cheaper.

Yes i saw on another thread where HP do that. Might be a good idea if you use a printer a lot, or have an expensive one. I am a cheapskate and prefer to buy cheapo refills. :laugh:

Top Bottom