The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Very dark and windy here. Up late and just had a cuppa.
Got to go out after..... I need a 'Set of padlocks'. You know the ones where the same key fits several padlocks. Been on line but they are silly prices so am off to JTF..... who happen to be offering free bacon baps with the voucher I have
Worth a gander
CH Wood (Security) Bradford.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Worth a gander
CH Wood (Security) Bradford.
Thanks. Got them now from JTF.. ..weatherproof £12 00 a pair (don't need good security are they're only for the side gates).

Dave7

Legendary Member
Same here. The kids are grown up and are financially independent and have left home. We have been mortgage free for 9 years so just have the normal bills to pay. My pension is good, have a house in a desirable area and money in the bank. Life is sweet.
Some of the guys and girls from my cycling club who retired some years ago told me many times that retirement was the way forward.^_^
I count myself fortunate.
I left school with absolutely no qualifications. Had many, many jobs. In my forties I landed a decent job but had never had a private pension.
In my mid fifties I set up a company that did very well and enabled me to pay off the mortgage. Left the company to my best customer for a lump sum.
So.....a very small private pension but enough in the bank to see us out (providing we dont live till we are 125 ^_^)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Think @Drago has started a new business ......

are-skidmarks-extra.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Think @Drago has started a new business ......

View attachment 443057
That's brilliant. I will shamelessly steal that.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I was talking to a mate on Sunday before our game and haven't seen him for three years. He's a few months younger than me so hasn't reached 60 yet but he informed me he retired in June shortly followed by his wife a couple of months later. He said he loves having all this time but he doesn't have the money he'd like so he's pretty much the opposite of me. I've got the money (which I like) but not the time to spend it while I'm working full time. It's a tricky one, isn't it? I've got another mate who's been made forcibly jobless and he's on the verge of having to use a food bank and hates it!

It is a difficult one that is for sure. Whilst retirement appears a good option and the thought of all the time to do what you want, when you want the reality is that you need money to carry on living a similar lifestyle that you are accustomed to.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I have an HP printer and the cost of HP ink is very expensive. I always buy ink from an ink shop nearby at a fraction of the cost. The printer tells me off, but they work just as well.

Epson original ink is really expensive compared to the compatible stuff on ebay. It works fine and have bought a fair bit over the years

Top Bottom