The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have not risen!

Felt ill yesterday, puking and the brown bum wee all night. Feel dreadful.

Well - all the clocks are now done - except for one

The one on the bedroom was its normall annoying self on clock-change-day
looked at it at 6:20 - checked my phone which said 7:20
and woke me up a bit more

went to the loo and came back and the clock had decided to update and now said 7:23

I have no idea how that damn thing works!
One year - before I retired - I left it alone and it changed on the Tuesday!!!!!

OK - it has been better since - but again I have no idea why. It gets the time from the DAB radio - but reception on that has always been fine. If I switch teh raido on the it works OK - but who wants to leave the radio on all night!

anyway - did the kitchen clock first go

Oh - damn - better check the car - new car so I have no idea how to do it

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Well - all the clocks are now done - except for one

The one on the bedroom was its normall annoying self on clock-change-day
looked at it at 6:20 - checked my phone which said 7:20
and woke me up a bit more

went to the loo and came back and the clock had decided to update and now said 7:23

I have no idea how that damn thing works!
One year - before I retired - I left it alone and it changed on the Tuesday!!!!!

OK - it has been better since - but again I have no idea why. It gets the time from the DAB radio - but reception on that has always been fine. If I switch teh raido on the it works OK - but who wants to leave the radio on all night!

anyway - did the kitchen clock first go

Oh - damn - better check the car - new car so I have no idea how to do it

Our central heating control decided to change last night at 21:00!

The machines are taking over 😀

I have belatedly risen!

Stopped simultaneously puking and sheeting through the eye of a needle. Dry toast and water for lunch. Feel drained beyond all comprehension.

Sending sympathy
make sure you try to take some stuff to keep your ion type levels up while your tummy is refusing food

I know you know this - but when you are ill sometimes your brain shuts off - so it is worth reminding people

any - how you feel better soon - you have a parish to run!!!!

It has been a gorgeous morning, sunny with just a slight breeze. Up to 11° by the time I got back. Did a 3 hour ride almost all surrounded by fresh green and birdsong, lots of lambs, even saw my first butterfly of the year. I couldn’t identify it, I just glimpsed it in silhouette as we crossed paths. By chance, the last few miles were in the company of my LBS owner, I was able to show him a hillside lane that he never knew was there.

Top Bottom