The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It could be either :laugh:

I think the devil may have a claim.
I have no proof but I fear its true

Oh bugger
I have the changes of time
It was all OK - but I have a DAB alarm clock radio

which is great - sounds good and works fine
unless the time changes
sometimes - like last time - it changes automatically
sometimes it "can't" change because the DAB radio bit is not on and that is where it gets the time stamp from

When I used to work it sometimes stayed at the "old time" until the radio came on at the set time on MONDAY morning
when it saw the new time and changed it
which was not a good design feature

If I need an alarm on this sort of weekend then I use my phone as well!!

Also - it means that I wake up and look at the clock and then start worrying about what the time REALLY is???
which wakes me up more

At least I do not have to change the clock on my now-wife's cooker anymore since she moved in - never could remember how to do it and she would just leave it wrong for 6 months - so I had to spend several minutes trying all possible sequences and timings of 3 buttons!!!
WHICH IS AGAINST THE NATURAL LAWS AND THE LAWS OF THE GODS!!!!!!!
Or might just annoy me

however I do have to engineer a situation where I can change the sister-in-law's cooker other wise it will annoy me every time we go round - her 2 sons, daughter and husband don't see the point!!!

Anyway - who said I was weird???????

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
" Du Pain, du Vin, du Boursin "

Add a few grapes, in natural form, and some decent ham and you have a good lunch.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm hearing reports of " handbags " at Poole parkrun this morning. Over 1000 attendees so understandably a bit of a tailback in the finishing funnels which led to frustration and a bit of pushing and shoving 😮
That used to be my regular venue, I've both run it and volunteered on a couple of hundred occasions but it was getting too busy so I switched to a closer, more challenging and more scenic venue.

Morning folks :okay: the old back is recovering but seems to be taking longer than it usually does....May try a cautious ride today and have raised my bars a bit, if pain returns with a vengeance i'll throw myself in the loch :okay: :laugh:
Have decided on my future bike when funds allow....either a Thorn mercury or a Shand stoater, probably the Thorn as i was impressed with their knowledge and customer care. Retro BRG with toe clips should look great :okay:

Err Thorn has discontinued the Mercury but there may be one left in your size so get round quickly.
I have a Mercury, it's a great bike.

Top Bottom