The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just enjoyed a sausage and tomato on toast butty....very yummy.

A sausage :ohmy:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We went to see my wife's sister with an Easter Egg for her Grand-daughter

Naturally the 2 sisters started talking and were at it for ages

after a bit I noticed that I had no signal on my phone but didn;t worry about it

just before we left I found I had an answer phone message - but had never heard it ring

listened to it and it was from my Doctor - he said to ring him when I got the message but he would also send a text message

which I got when I was listening to the message

bith were over an hour old

Turns out my blood test results - which I already have an appointment to talk about as my Iron levels are STILL low

and now they want to talk about a problem that might just mean I have Coeliac disease

WHich is a bit of a b****r - might rule out steam puddings and custard - which would be a major hole in my diet!!!!

But the message told me to ring and make an appointment to discuss it - but I got it after they closed so it will have to wait until Tuesday now!

basically seems like I am falling apart

althought the Coaliac disease is strange - as I had it when I was very young. There is no cure but sometimes young kids grow out of it - it is rare but I did
more worrying is that my previous doctor knew about this but it has not been passed for ward to the new one
nor have a lot of important letters from the hospital about my wife
Looks like I will have to bring this up and check that the new doctor knows about everything as it looks like they know very little and I do have a few problems that only crop up every few years
like gout - when I get it I need the tablets NOW - leaving it a few days makes it much much worse and takes many more days to go - so if they don;t know about it and have to re-diagnose it I could have problems getting ti treated!

Sounds like it is a good job we left the previous surgery!

One of my brothers-in-law has Coeliac disease. It does not seem to impact his life style, other than diet, and, no beer.

That was a very pleasant morning, once the rain had stopped it brightened up considerably and felt properly spring-like. Spent the morning doing my volunteer guide thing at St Giles then stayed on for a short Good Friday service at noon. Followed by a cafe on the Mound for soup and a very pleasant stroll across the Meadows before catching the bus home. Very pleasant indeed.

Tenkaykev

Guru
That was a very pleasant morning, once the rain had stopped it brightened up considerably and felt properly spring-like. Spent the morning doing my volunteer guide thing at St Giles then stayed on for a short Good Friday service at noon. Followed by a cafe on the Mound for soup and a very pleasant stroll across the Meadows before catching the bus home. Very pleasant indeed.
Before our daughter moved out to Porty she shared a flat in Fountainbridge. We'd often go through the Meadows on our morning run. Lunch at the Filmhouse and pop in to the Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative then a pint or two at Cloisters. A lovely area, I've said before that if I had to move back to a city then Edinburgh would be my choice😎

Well - I got out to mow the lawn

back HAD to be done as soon as possible as Centre Parks had been round asking to build a few cabins on it an call it a Woodland Nature Centre
(OK that MAY be an exaggeration - but there were literally thousands of baby sycamore trees growing in it curtsey of the big tree in the woodland "out the back!)

Got all the gubbins out to teh front and it started raining so I had to dash it all back into the shed and get the washing in

Should have gone for a bike ride instead - it would have started raining as I was at the far and so I would have completed it but got wet!!!

Well - it stopped raining
so I decided to risk it and go out for a ride - only a short one as it was getting close to dinner time

got about 7-8 miles from home and I was on a path that curved round and ends up on the main road going home
i.e. max distance from home

so - naturally - it started chucking it down!!!

and - also naturally - there turned out to be a strong headwind all the way back - although the rain did stop half way back so the wind dried my jeans!

anyway - clearly proves that the is a God - or more specifically - at least one God and there is a God of cycling and she has an evil sense of humour!!!

Top Bottom