The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
1. The wasing of the feet was done well before the last supper started so Judas was still there.
2. I don't think he would

Interesting.
There seems to be 2 views on this by bible scholars.
John 13:2 says that Jesus dipped the bread and handed it to Judas who immediately left (no record that he even ate that bread). Immediately left indicates he left before the supper.

Other scholars interpret it differently.
I find it difficult to imagine Judas could eat a supper knowing what he was about to do.

But hey! what do I know (not a lot).

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Interesting.
There seems to be 2 views on this by bible scholars.
John 13:2 says that Jesus dipped the bread and handed it to Judas who immediately left (no record that he even ate that bread). Immediately left indicates he left before the supper.

Other scholars interpret it differently.
I find it difficult to imagine Judas could eat a supper knowing what he was about to do.

But hey! what do I know (not a lot).

Some say that Judas was the good guy and all part of the plot......
Judas led the scribes and soldiers and kissed Jesus to “identify him”, that is when the switch occurred someone took the place of Jesus......the rest is history, he went to live in southern France with Mary Magdalene, the "Holy Grail" is the blood line of Jesus not the "Cup"

Dave7

Legendary Member
Some say that Judas was the good guy and all part of the plot......
Judas led the scribes and soldiers and kissed Jesus to “identify him”, that is when the switch occurred someone took the place of Jesus......the rest is history, he went to live in southern France with Mary Magdalene, the "Holy Grail" is the blood line of Jesus not the "Cup"

I read one that said Jesus ended up in Cornwall :wacko:

Gunk

Guru
I finally put my notice in this week and finish my working life on the 25 April at the ripe old age of 59. My wife runs a business which I will help out with but I can dip in and out, so it’s not really work.

I am really looking forward finally to having some time to myself, not having to get up at 6.30am and driving 15000 miles a year across the South East.

Why'd you move it in the first place?

Surprised to see it just being reported on the English news :smile:

We went to see my wife's sister with an Easter Egg for her Grand-daughter

Naturally the 2 sisters started talking and were at it for ages

after a bit I noticed that I had no signal on my phone but didn;t worry about it

just before we left I found I had an answer phone message - but had never heard it ring

listened to it and it was from my Doctor - he said to ring him when I got the message but he would also send a text message

which I got when I was listening to the message

bith were over an hour old

Turns out my blood test results - which I already have an appointment to talk about as my Iron levels are STILL low

and now they want to talk about a problem that might just mean I have Coeliac disease

WHich is a bit of a b****r - might rule out steam puddings and custard - which would be a major hole in my diet!!!!

But the message told me to ring and make an appointment to discuss it - but I got it after they closed so it will have to wait until Tuesday now!

basically seems like I am falling apart

althought the Coaliac disease is strange - as I had it when I was very young. There is no cure but sometimes young kids grow out of it - it is rare but I did
more worrying is that my previous doctor knew about this but it has not been passed for ward to the new one
nor have a lot of important letters from the hospital about my wife
Looks like I will have to bring this up and check that the new doctor knows about everything as it looks like they know very little and I do have a few problems that only crop up every few years
like gout - when I get it I need the tablets NOW - leaving it a few days makes it much much worse and takes many more days to go - so if they don;t know about it and have to re-diagnose it I could have problems getting ti treated!

Sounds like it is a good job we left the previous surgery!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning.
Another night of weird dreams. Nothing unpleasant but what the hell was I doing in a cafè in France? About to enjoy a plate of mixed cheeses with house wine when I realised I needed a pee. The cafe didn't have a toilet so I set off to find one. The only one I could find was one were I had to pee in public view. That done I washed my hands and set off back to the cafè. Sadly I woke before I could enjoy my cheese and wine.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyway.....we have a days holiday today ^_^.
My cleaner has confirmed she will be here as normal which surprised me. I suppose she wants the money.
I must nip to Aldi as I need bread and I enjoy thier seeded loaf.....lovely toasted with sausage or bacon and egg etc.

Oh. If you are interested there is a prog on R2 at 12.00. It's Johny Walker and Tony Blackburn playing music from their time on the pirate radio ships.....should be good.

Top Bottom