The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
So sorry to hear that Mr Screenman.
You may not be aware but my wife/soul mate of 54 years passed away in June. It hurts, every day.
You were very helpful to me when on here and gave me some good advice.so I am pleased to see you back but not in your situation.look after yourself.

Very sorry to hear that, as you know I was missing for a good while, so I have not kept up with news. The pain is terrible, so hard each time you meet someone for the first time, a lot of tears going on.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cold and grey here and that is not just my mood, off for a short bike ride then a 2k swim later, keep smiling guys, it makes everyone feel better. Now a big question, do I buy a Ribble E bike, Pam kept telling me too, but I am still undecided.

classic33

Leg End Member
How
IMG_20240421_193443.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all. I am in a generous mood so have 2 ^_^^_^s on me.
Today I am having my new kitchen fitted. The old one has already been ripped out. I failed to ask so have no idea how long it will take.
I am having extra sockets fitted plus some more in the garage as the tumble drier will be in there.
Not looking forward to it all but it will be nice when finished.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It was a sunny start, but has now clouded over. It was a bit cool over night, the heating clicked on first thing.
The first of the bin lorries have been down our road, that's the recycling one. The general rubbish one follows in a couple of hours.
Dog walk as normal then up to the high road to get some more carpet cleaning solution so I can do the hallway.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off to Minehead for some shopping today.
I might set about the Bantam engine rebuild when I get back, as I have all of the requisite parts now.

Tenkaykev

Guru
A walk into Wimborne to top up on pitted dates and unsulphured apricots. I will bake a cake when I get back, our running club has an annual challenge that as well as running in various events also includes a " Bluebell Bake off "
Next Monday evening we will all meet up at Pamphill on the outskirts of Wimborne and have a social walk through the bluebell woods. This is followed by the judging of individual cakes, with the winner having to judge the following year's event. I'm keen to win as that would mean me having a piece of every cake next year 🍰🍰🍰

Top Bottom