The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Home insurance.
We all expect these things to rise but this is unbelievable.
I have insured through Sainsburys for a few years.
Just had my renewal letter.
Last year £230
This year £650
Do they really expect me to accept that?

Utterly ridiculous.

Not looking forward to ours next month.

SpokeyDokey

I like your comments.
I just don't want to burden all you nice folk with my pain.

It's not a burden at all.

Whilst I am far from a regular in here I am sure that the proper reg's don't find it a burden - they are all nice people and have all been around long enough to have had negative life experiences that enable them to empathise with those who are suffering.

Keep posting!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

screenman

Legendary Member
How big a salad did you make?

I cheated, Lidl made it for me, £1.39 buys enough prepared salad for two meals for me, I was carrying a bit to much ballast prior to the recent few months, it has got to go.

SpokeyDokey

My home and contents insurance is up for renewal at the end of the month. It's gone up £70 on last year. £390 is this years figure. I done comparison sites and they're coming in about the same.

I just had a play on Money Supermarket and it came in around £300 average (starting from £190). Ours last year was £310 I think.

I need to tweak it re some high value items (bike & jewellery) when the renewal comes through next month. But hopefully it will come in at around your price.

For reference we have 9 years NC, house value doesn't seem to matter these days, roughly £50k content, not a subsidence or flood risk area, brick built, tiled roof detached bungalow in rural low crime area.

Top Bottom