The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Brrrrr....minus 1 when I set off for my morning wander. Lovely though and we already have blue sky and sunshine.

Well - I'm up and porrage has been done - plus some raspberries so I can pretend I have a healthy diet

sunny out and i have the patio doors open

Apparently WE have volunteered to have the Grandkids this afternoon and overnight
If I find out who this bloke "We" is I am going to have a few strong words with him!!

Anyway - their Mum works weekends and their Dad "has" to go to a staff do for staff at the hospital where he works so "someone" has to look after the kids
DUnno what we are doing tomorrow but we normally take the oldest climbing so we will probably take them all back at lunchtime and then go climbing as soon as they are all dropped off and she has her stuff

so that is the weekend planned - looks like nice weather so far but a nice ride is probably not going to happen!
wonder if I could find some bikes for the kids - but then I would need another shed to keep them in and 4 might be too many????

Blimey, justice is tough in your part of the world if the punishment for being French is hard labour in the copper mine!

seems fair though

If it weren't for Mrs D and Mini D keeping a work and school routine respectively I'd struggle to know what day it is.

Yup - many years ago my Dad was in hospital and the carers found my Mum collapsed at home - she had dementure

I rang the hospital and the doctor was asking me question to try to find out how she was normally compared to how she seemed to him now
He asked if she normally knew what day it is?
I could only answer that she would normally give a sensible answer but really had no clue - but then neither of them had worked for many many years and their routine just didn;t include any difference in the days
She hadn;t even been out of the house for over 7 years - how would she know what day it was.

Actually turned out she had had a stroke and was far worse than I realised - but the doctor had no way of knowing what the start point was!

Top Bottom