The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Window man did a speedy job. Grass cut, new plants planted and watered. I don't know what they are as I didn't ask and my gardening knowledge is about as deep as Accy's tolerance for commoners from the council estate.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Back from my scan. Quite a strange experience in that part of the original department store are still open, so I went in the entrance, past the bedding and towels to the foot of the escalator which had a airport style barrier across with an NHS Logo. There was a lady meeter and greeter who checked I had an appointment and ushered me to the escalator where I was checked in and seen within five minutes. The procedure was straightforward and I was in and out in about 15 minutes. Popped down the highstreet and into Sainsburys where I got some " Coconut Colab " non dairy Yoghurt for Mrs Tkk, plus a tub of " Naturli " dairy free spread ( It's got more Shea butter in it than Mrs Tkk's expensive face cream, I've suggested she could save a few bob but to no avail )

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It is exams time again so I was invigilating in school this morning and again tomorrow morning. The plumber is in our house today and possibly next two days to remove the bath and install a walk-in shower as well as re tiling the walls of course. There are three of them so I am hoping it will be finished tomorrow. Beautiful weather today and I can't go out on the bike !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Hello all, a cloudy morning but a gorgeously sunny afternoon. Windows open and washing drying outside for the first time this year. Just been for a little spin on my mtb, again for the first time this year.

It’s about time I was attempting a spin. I’ll have forgotten how to ride a bike before long. I haven’t been on a bike since last August!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Change of plan because we're impulsive and Daredevils. Just a sandwich today.

I, on the other hand, am having chicken and pasta bake with garlic bread. All home made.
Well I pierced the film and pressed the button :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless, and perplexed.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless, and perplexed.

You don’t tell jokes do you, you refresh memories, it’s nice to read that joke again.

Top Bottom