The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning from sunny Poole. I have my " DEXA " scan this morning at Beales Department store in the shopping centre, now repurposed as " Dorset Healthcare Village " Mrs Tkk had a routine mammogram there a few months back and was full of praise for the way things are set up. Might wander down to the quay for a pint afterwards if it remains sunny and warm.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

In for a very nice sunny couple of days by the looks of it.
Got to jet wash the verandah and outdoor furniture this morning while MrsD is at the hairdressers.
We've got visitors this weekend - an old school friend of MrsD and her fella. MrsD has been in contact with her friend for a few years by email and WhatsApp, but hasn't actually met, face to face, since she left junior school some 57 years ago. They were inseperable best mates and they lived very close together, both their fathers worked for the ambulance service.
Should be an interesting couple of days.......

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. We had some rain overnight so it was a bit damp underfoot, but early walk/jog done, bath had and porridge consumed.

I will be having another walk this morning with my old neighbour. Just another couple of days to put up with my routine getting disturbed before she heads home. I am an antisocial, introvert so can’t cope with other people for too long so I’m just glad she’s not actually staying with me as it would be too much for me.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It's a nice sunny day here. I just got back from a walk with Millie and now the washing machine has just about finished so that's the washing going out on the line.
The grass will be cut again this afternoon once the dew has dried off.
I'll have to cycle up to the local shops for a few essentials in a while.
Another busy day in paradise. :cuppa:

Taken my bike (OK ebike - pedant) down to the bike shop

generally needs a run through with the Bosch software - for $reasons
also starting to sound a bit worn out - front discs sound like sandpaper on rough metal and have started intermittently squeaking
and the gears keep missing

given that is a mid drive ebike I suspect chain and 4 th gear are getting badly worn

I know I should do it myself but it will take him very little time to sort out and I don;t have all the proper tools and stuff

so I let him do it

Also means he will run it through the Raleigh/Bosch software for free - he also keeps the print outs as a record in case of problems in the future - not that I expect that to do much good but it is a "thing"

anyway - should be ready this afternoon as he got a couple of "big jobs" in just before i arrived

Well that's embarassing!!!

Put the bins out last night as they often come round early

Clearly it was the recycling bin day as that one was full and we only ever get the binds half full

just checked

apparently there was a Bank Holiday on Monday that I kinda knew but forgot about - not so relevant when you are retired!!

sooo- they are coming round tomorrow

AND - worst of all - I have put the wrong bins out!!!

I just KNOW all the neighbours have noticed

Bugger

Mo1959

Legendary Member
19 deg here and scorchio. Mr WD is outside doing some hanging baskets. I have potted 3 spiderette plants.

Cornish pasties today. Not home made.

I might nip along to Aldi and see if they have their oat milk in stock. It seems to get sold very quickly and I’m not sure when is the best time of day to try and get it. Could do with some tomatoes as well.

Top Bottom