The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning Mr Drago and all others.
WoW.....we had torrential rain last night. Did anyone else get it?

Drago

Legendary Member
Today I'll be having a TV mount on the wall in Mini D's living room.

No rain here, although it's a bit cooler today.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Had a really good day yesterday with our visitors.
I had never met either of them before but they both went to the same junior school as MrsD. They we're all in the same year.
Seems we all have a lot in common and we all got on like a house on fire. They've stayed overnight and we will be out today sightseeing.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all .
Feels a bit fresher this morning here in tropical Coventry 😀. Which is a good as the the hot weather made me realise the a/c in the car is not working properly. So my job for today is to get it booked in somewhere to get it looked at.

Make sure it is leak-tested first. Many of the big-name and cheaper places just bang the gas in, only for it to leak out again very quickly, which costs money. The air conditioner system is a sealed unit; if the gas has escaped, there is a leak. I am quite aware you may already know this, but many do not, so hopefully, it may help someone in the future.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Make sure it is leak-tested first. Many of the big-name and cheaper places just bang the gas in, only for it to leak out again very quickly, which costs money. The air conditioner system is a sealed unit; if the gas has escaped, there is a leak. I am quite aware you may already know this, but many do not, so hopefully, it may help someone in the future.

Well I didn't know that. Had mine topped up a few times over the years but never asked/thought about a leak

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mixed day yesterday with a serious tragedy in the mix.
As I have bored you with, I suffer with fatigue,so in the morning I was back in bed. When I woke I had a house full. Daughter, SiL and thier friends. Lovely to see them and really enjoyed it.
Anyway..... the tragedy (serious).
When my daughter and SiL went home they heard terrible screaming from a house across the road so my SiL rushed over only to find the woman had hung herself.
She was only in late 30s with 2 young children......it really upset me.

Top Bottom