The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning again. I walked just over 3 miles out a quiet back road I like then turned and jogged back. I was sweating as it’s a bit muggy. Bath had and porridge consumed.

Hopefully get another walk before lunch before the forecasted rain arrives.

Gunk

Guru
took my daughter on our Mini adventure to Winchester. Cheeky ‘spoons breakfast in Newbury on the way home.

The worst bars ever to fit, but they’re on. I’ll fit a couple of bike carriers later.

IMG_3310.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

The Isle of Man TT races start today. Qualifying this week and racing next week.
As usual, my head will be in a different place for the duration - so MrsD can expect even less sense out of me.
First practice starts at 10.30 and I shall be watching it all on 'TT Live!'
https://ttplus.iomttraces.com/

Does that mean you have watch it on the lap top, not on tv ?

Dithered and dallied for a while while watching the weather radar and forecast and finally got out on my bike

so - naturally - it started to rain a few minutes later!

anyway - I turned round and came home the long way round

AND GOT BEEPED AT!!!!
I mean - at last I feel like a member of "the club" - never been beeped at before for just riding
I think it was because I was slowing down to turn off onto a "black path" that goes through some woodland to the local park and there is a refuge in the road just ahead
So the more important person in the SUV behind be might have had to slow down a bit
I mean - it is an ebike and I ride it reasonably fast so its not like I am an old person bumbling along at 5 mph!!!

Anyway - took me a few minutes to realise why he had beeped so much (long blast more than a beep!) by which time I was on the cycle path and he was long gone!

anyway - got home a bit wet - apparently did nearly 5 miles so not terrible but not the 20ish I was going to do!

Top Bottom