The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I seem to recall I told them the lunatics had taken over the asylum and that I had more important things to do with my time.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Off in a mo for a roundabout 5 mile walk to my local, where we have won a free Sunday lunch for two.:cheers:
20171203_124954.jpg

Very nice for a freebie.:okay:
Walked 6.1 miles, the long way around, to my local and back.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sometimes i would love to be able to hibernate. Just pull the duvet up over my head and have a sign on the headboard saying "do not disturb until March". ^_^

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sometimes i would love to be able to hibernate. Just pull the duvet up over my head and have a sign on the headboard saying "do not disturb until March". ^_^
Me too. Never did 'do' winter.:sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
This morning I'm taking Lemmy and Gaylord into town to see an old boy I know. He doesn't get out much, and he loves the dogs. Lemmy adores him too.

Gotta do ones bit to keep an old soldier smiling. I'll be an old soldier myself one day.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Do you need to do winter? Can you not clear off to warmer weather when you retire.
Could do, but I like the comforts and convenience of home.
Generally speaking, the climate here on the Devon coast is fairly benign compared to a lot of the UK. Haven't seen snow on the ground here for over 5 years, so the cycling doesn't really get affected. It's the short days that I find can be depressing.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
This morning I'm taking Lemmy and Gaylord into town to see an old boy I know. He doesn't get out much, and he loves the dogs. Lemmy adores him too.

Gotta do ones bit to keep an old soldier smiling. I'll be an old soldier myself one day.

When's 'old'? My GP says the practice she works in considers their patients old when they hit 70.

Anyone think/know anything different?

Top Bottom