The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveF

Are you sure it is not freezing rain?
Or dandruff?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Been for a 'quiet' walk over Braunton Burrows.
Got overtaken by army Snow Cats, MAN 6 x 6 carriers & Land Rovers.
Buzzed by two Herkybirds and deafened by hovercraft on the estuary!
Peaceful in the countryside? Pah! :angry:

Venod

Eh up
Is it snowing up there?

There was snow on the peaks but it was lovely and sunny and no wind and a good selection of music.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
What a change from yesterday!
Overcast, cold and showers.
Went out for a hilly 20 miles with a pal on our hybrids. Got caught out in a heavy shower on the way back and drip dried in the cafe.
Got back and the sun's come out!:angry:
Quick lunch and then doggie walking on the beach.:okay:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Any tips on how to write the retirement letter? I will have to give 12 weeks notice, and I plan to go towards the end of April, so it is time to start thinking of the wording. I would be putting the letter in at the end of January, start of February time. I have never had to write a resignation/retirement letter before as this is the only career I have ever had.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Any tips on how to write the retirement letter? I will have to give 12 weeks notice, and I plan to go towards the end of April, so it is time to start thinking of the wording. I would be putting the letter in at the end of January, start of February time. I have never had to write a resignation/retirement letter before as this is the only career I have ever had.
Can't help you with that one, I'm afraid. Being ex Civil Service, I just had to notify HR of my intended retirement date.

Top Bottom