The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, an early morning visit to the doctor, my knee right knee has been playing up badly this last few weeks, so much so that I have found it difficult to go up and down the stairs and painful when walking the mutt. I was diagnosed with early onset arthritis 18 months ago, but it is far from the stage for surgery or anything like that. Surprisingly my knee is painless when cycling? So I have come away with more Naproxin and a referral for the Physio which will probably come through for some time next year.^_^ I have been doing stretching exercises as the muscles are quite tight and this seems to of helped, or is coincidence that the weather has warmed up a little? Oh the joys of getting older.:whistle:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
You know the old saying " you snooze you lose".
Yeah I'm a born looser :tired: still it makes the day shorter

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all, an early morning visit to the doctor, my knee right knee has been playing up badly this last few weeks, so much so that I have found it difficult to go up and down the stairs and painful when walking the mutt. I was diagnosed with early onset arthritis 18 months ago, but it is far from the stage for surgery or anything like that. Surprisingly my knee is painless when cycling? So I have come away with more Naproxin and a referral for the Physio which will probably come through for some time next year.^_^ I have been doing stretching exercises as the muscles are quite tight and this seems to of helped, or is coincidence that the weather has warmed up a little? Oh the joys of getting older.:whistle:

Same for me a couple of years ago, right knee as well. I was referred to the physio at Chase Farm which worked well. I still get the ache now and again especially if I've been kneeling.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Same for me a couple of years ago, right knee as well. I was referred to the physio at Chase Farm which worked well. I still get the ache now and again especially if I've been kneeling.
I think it is the combination of old sporting injuries, I did play a lot of football and and squash up until 10 years ago. twisted knees and dislocated patella, rhs, 4 times. still, as I said, I doesn't impact on the cycling, yet.

D

Deleted member 1258

Houseworky stuff done this morning and i have no idea what we are having to eat today.

We're in a local cafe and I've had poached eggs on toast for lunch.

Top Bottom