The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Morning campers and unless that Welsh woman sneaks in I am first on. I am out a bit earlier for golf today so will hit the school run......therefor I am already supping my coffee.
Porridge with honey and blueberries for breckie today then I will be off.
Another nice day it seems, hope everyone enjoys it ^_^

You need to sneak in round at hers, then you can see who posts first ^_^

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Morning folks. I will allow Dave to be first today. :laugh:. Another nice day here I think. :hello:

Did he leave you in bed whilst he went to get your breakfast and post before you? :biggrin:

172traindriver

Legendary Member

D

Deleted member 1258

Back a bit later than planned today. Started early, 8 am, to get me across the city before it got too busy, theres three schools and a nursery by us, intending to put an extra loop onto my usual Thursday hatton ride, Got to Hockley heath and instead of turning left by the church I carried on and went right down Cut Throat Lane, it was closed but they let me through, Through Earlswood, Tanworth In Arden and Dansley Green then turned into Pig Trot Lane to bring me out onto my regular route in to Hatton. On the way back I got to Chadwick End then turned towards Temple Balsall to extend the ride home then Turned towards Balsall Common and my regular route home.I was riding down Torrington Avenue on my way back in and got the familiar bumpty Bump from the back of the bike,I'd punctured again, so after two years puncture free I'd had two in a week, this time I got it fixed by the roadside no problem, 71 enjoyable miles on for the morning, though the last few miles into the wind on tired fading legs wasn't much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

That's one of the routes we do when visiting friends in Redditch. Nice cycling country.:okay:

I don't get that way very often these days but its lovely round there, theres also a couple of nice cafe's round there, Wedges at the Earlswood Plant centre and the garden centre at Mapplebough Green, LesTopham Garden Centre,

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I don't get that way very often these days but its lovely round there, theres also a couple of nice cafe's round there, Wedges at the Earlswood Plant centre and the garden centre at Mapplebough Green, LesTopham Garden Centre,
I used to live about 400 yards from Les Topham's. My best mates wife kept her horses at High House Farm just off the Mappleborough Green roundabout.

Top Bottom