The Retirement Thread

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dirk, 6 Apr 2017.

1. 172traindriver

172traindriver Legendary Member

You ride the bike into town?
    Never heard you mention that before.

Dirk and welsh dragon like this.
  2. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

Yes. I have done it quite a lot in fact. I go to town via the back road and.go past the train station into town then back out the other way.

Paulus, 172traindriver, Dirk and 3 others like this.
  3. 172traindriver

172traindriver Legendary Member

:okay:

classic33 and Dirk like this.
  4. welsh dragon

Morning folks. This looks like it is going to be the best day today. A fab day in fact.:hello:

5. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

Morning all, a lovely sunny day here. Dog will be walked shortly after breakfast. I am meeting my brother at lunchtime in the Mitre for a couple of pints. He lives out in Essex and we don't see each other that often. He recently retired after 42 years on the railway. Our Dad also did 42 years on the railway. Do you see a pattern developing? Still, a nice day to be out and about.

6. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

A very nice day here, hedge cutting and a 2 hour bike ride is on the card for today.

7. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

Morning. 6 mile jog done while it was still cool. Absolutely gorgeous trotting along watching the sun come up and listening to the birds.

8. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

Morning folks :hello:, its a lovely day, bright sunny and warm, I've got a line full of washing out, no club today, my Good Lady has a hospital apointment this afternoon.

9. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Welshie told me she also has a "line full of washing" out. Mind you the "line full" was just one pair of winter, fleecy lined bloomers ^_^

Who said that!!! It wasnt me, honest.

10. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

:ohmy:............. and I've just got out of bed :tired:

11. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

I always feel a pang of jealousy reading about your early morning runs. I used to really enjoy running until the ligaments went plus the 'pounding' agravated a lower back problem.
    But keep writing as it gives pleasure to others ^_^

12. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

I suspect it aggravates my lower back too but I will plod on! Lol. It is currently giving me more of a buzz than cycling for some reason.

13. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Morning all. Up early with Mr :sun:.
    Golf beckons today so lunch will be in the clubhouse. They always have a "special" on but I feel a chicken salad sarnie with chips coming on :tongue:

14. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Bike ride this morning then dropping in for a lite pub lunch on the way back.^_^

classic33, numbnuts, Mo1959 and 2 others like this.
  15. welsh dragon

:laugh::laugh:

172traindriver, numbnuts and Dirk like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice