The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Misty start but burning off now. Should be another nice day here.
Off to Wells this morning to mooch around and go to their excellent market, which is held in the square where the Hot Fuzz shoot out was filmed.
Off for a walk and late lunch afterwards.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast so far today but little wind. Got to unpack from yesterday’s expedition to mainland. Saved the ferry fare anyway due to reasonable prices on shopping. A difference of £1 on a packet of biscuits is one example.
Anyway they could not see anything wrong with my liver which is a positive.
Unusual picture from MV Isle of Mull. Lady Rock in foreground and Lismore Light behind with MV Coruisk heading for Craignure. Normally they thunder through between the two regardless but this skipper has obviously gone outside to give Coruisk more room.
1BFD4A4A-B110-446C-967E-7DF4C039E9D7.png

screenman

Legendary Member
Observation from yesterday, people wearing mask as they step past security at shopping centre only to take them off again as soon as they are past them, or just ignoring security when asked to wear a mask and storming straight past.

Good deed by me on Monday, poping into lIncoln i noticed a guy pushing his bike, so I pulled over in the car and enquired if he was ok and how far from home, 6 miles was his answer so a few minutes later space was created, not easy when the car was full of tools. then he and the bike was delivered to his house, a job well done if I say so my self. My reward, feeling good that I could help someone out, well worth it.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
It's quite blowy this morning. Our final day in Edinburgh before heading home on the overnight sleeper.
Just need to pack all the stuff that's not needed for the journey, parcel company is due to collect sometime today for delivery to Poole on Friday.
We'll be visiting family in London tomorrow so the overnight sleeper works well as it gives us the whole morning to catch up.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏊‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏃‍♂️

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Observation from yesterday, people wearing mask as they step past security at shopping centre only to take them off again as soon as they are past them, or just ignoring security when asked to wear a mask and storming straight past.

Good deed by me on Monday, poping into lIncoln i noticed a guy pushing his bike, so I pulled over in the car and enquired if he was ok and how far from home, 6 miles was his answer so a few minutes later space was created, not easy when the car was full of tools. then he and the bike was delivered to his house, a job well done if I say so my self. My reward, feeling good that I could help someone out, well worth it.
In the Co-op yesterday and didn't see a single person without a face covering so seems people are complying around here.

I also slowed down on my bimble yesterday as there was a lady standing at the side of the road with her bike. I thought she maybe had a mechanical but turned out she was just waiting on a friend. Always nice to check though.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning from the Kent coast.
Another sunny morning with a bit of a breeze. Yesterday was very hot. Walked into Hearn Bay which is a five mile each way walk. Nothing by Mo's standards I know.
Walking back into Whitstable later to visit the castle and grounds, and the some lunch before departing for home mid afternoon.
Another day in paradise. 😀

Dave7

Legendary Member
Walk done. Drizzly and cooler but good to get some air.

Green bin day......how exciting! :laugh:
That IS exciting.......its only black for us :sad:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Here mask wearing in shops is 100% anytime I have been there. In Oban yesterday did not see anyone without a mask in Lidl or Tesco. Got snapped at by an obnoxious little man for not noticing the one way entry and exit. He complained to security and pointed me out to him. Security guy just laughed at him.

Top Bottom