The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here mask wearing in shops is 100% anytime I have been there. In Oban yesterday did not see anyone without a mask in Lidl or Tesco. Got snapped at by an obnoxious little man for not noticing the one way entry and exit. He complained to security and pointed me out to him. Security guy just laughed at him.
Pretty much 100% in our local supermarket too. I can’t comment on any other shops as I’ve not been in any. Most people I see standing at bus stops seem to be wearing them. In the last week I’ve noticed a lot more people crossing to the other side of the road or stepping into the undergrowth off the path to maintain 2 m distance. I do so too but only up to a point. If the path is wide enough I will step aside but I’m not going to dive off into gorse like I’ve seen some people doing. When I say some people they are typically 60’s to 70’s. Younger people are mostly acting like they don’t care.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Roads are drying up now. I could have a little spin and catch the second half of the cycling but not feeling very enthusiastic.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
When I went to Morrisons the other day all but 2 people were wearing masks.

I have bimbled. 14 miles today. It's scorchio although there was a fierce headwind on the way back.

screenman

Legendary Member
Is the tide coming or going?

Going.

screenman

Legendary Member
It doesn't look very inviting, where are you.

Cleethorpes, every year we go to couple of Lincolnshire coastal towns and every year they get worse, we stayed in Cleethorpes for about an hour, the place is dirty and scruffy, there also seems a different rules there for mask wearing and social distancing. amusement arcades we walked past full of people without masks, not a single sign of any type of enforcement. Our records for a shortest stay was Skegness that was less than 15 minutes. I have got to move away from here soon.

Top Bottom