The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I suppose it is time to get up... :whistle:
Hardly worth it.......nearly bed time! :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I would never dream of just turning up on spec. We always book in advance, but have never had to pay in advance apart from a small deposit.
The C@CC take a percentage in advance but the Caravan and Motorhome club do not. There is some sense in taking a non refundable deposit as some people would make random bookings and just not turn up. The present full payment automatically taken before arrival is to minimise contact but my fear is it may not be removed once the pandemic is over.
There should be some provision for genuine tourers who do not necessarily know where they may end up on a given day. I have given up trying to go to Rosemarkie as it seems to be block booked every time I try to book even a week in advance.
The warden at Dingwall where I went regularly was forthright in his opinion about the problem. “ It is all you coffin dodgers and you all have motorhomes and nothing else to do.”
Since I was a regular he always found space for me even tho’ the sign said Site Full.
The trend which seems to be encouraged is towards long stays on one site. I prefer to be able to move on when I want.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The C@CC take a percentage in advance but the Caravan and Motorhome club do not. There is some sense in taking a non refundable deposit as some people would make random bookings and just not turn up. The present full payment automatically taken before arrival is to minimise contact but my fear is it may not be removed once the pandemic is over.
We use to be C&CC members, but never got around to using any of their sites for some reason.
We have always been C&MHC members as we always use their small CL sites.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just picked up our 'small portion' Sunday dinners from our local pub takeaway. Glad we didn't order big ones! :eek:

There's roast pork under that lot. ;)

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We use to be C&CC members, but never got around to using any of their sites for some reason.
We have always been C&MHC members as we always use their small CL sites.
I was a member of both but cancelled my C&MHC when I sold my motorhome. I have been nowhere this year for obvious reasons but it does not seem to have deterred refugees fleeing to areas with limited medical facilities.

Been for a walk from the house, very busy in places due to a population of 500,000 not being allowed to venture outside of the city boundary :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hardly worth it.......nearly bed time! :laugh:
Even by my standards it is getting a bit silly!

I was working on my puzzle game last night and simply lost track of time so I was a bit shocked when I looked at the clock and saw that it was 03:00... Instead of doing the sensible thing then and going to bed, I turned the laptop off and the TV on. :wacko:

GM

Legendary Member
We're back from walking the dog. I know we were a lot later than normal, but the amount of fair weather walkers out and about :ohmy:
It was very busy over our local fields, and not particularly a nice walk.
No bike riding today, but will get out tomorrow.

We've been finding that lately the parks are very busy even during the week, sometimes we prefer to just to walk around the streets to avoid the masses and admire peoples gardens.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This is why I don’t enjoy the weekends much. The local trails get extra busy and there’s little social distancing. Hoping the chilly breeze might keep them away!
We had something like that all summer here. It was so bad the only time I could go out was about 7 o'clock in the morning as the roads during daytime were horrendous and even seasoned and fit younger blokes and also my physio woman said it was getting downright dangerous. She stopped cycling completely. Even the forest roads were busy. I have not been down Loch na Keal one of my favourite runs as every parking area was full of motorhomes. Must try again if I get a reasonable day.

Top Bottom