The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Home now from a wonderful 56 miler in glorious but chilly sunshine. Great chat all the way as we ambled along for a steady 14.5avg. Saw loads of our guys out all solo or in pairs I'm pleased to say. Plenty of other roadies, most clearly club riders, also in pairs. Disappointing, again, to see groups of 4,5,6 riders on flat bar hybrids and MTBs all obviously breaking the guidelines - this is becoming a feature of weekend riding round here.

Anyway a brew has been made, crumpets toasted and buttered. Mrs P is shouting at the telly, she's from the Borders, and I'm taking a passing interest.

There was a time, decades ago, when Mrs P either knew or had been at school with half of the Scottish team.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Undoubtedly two of the best national anthems 👍
Yep, in both cases. Being married to a Scottish lady I've sung Flower of Scotland on many, many occasions and it always makes me wish we had a wonderful stirring anthem.

D

Deleted member 1258

We've had a pleasant walk this afternoon, we drove down to Leamington Spa and parked up by Jephson Gardens , we walked across the road, walked through the Pump Room gardens, over the bridge across the river and walked down the riverside path into Victoria Gardens.chilly, the first time my Good Lady needed her blanket and gloves, but very pleasant.

12boy

Guru
Late to the party....William Bendix was on the Life of Riley.​
Three of my favorite John Wayne movies are The Shootist, The Cowboys and True Grit.​
The Magnificent 7 was a great movie based on Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai, and the Fistfull of Dollars was based on Yojimbo. Odd how adaptable samurai movies were for Westerns.​
It is clear and still and -9C. First I will load up my truck with stuff for the balefill composting pile, and when it approaches 5C a bike ride is in order. Finally got my sheepherders wagon collapsed and squared away for the winter and ready to be moved when the tree trimmers come in January. The crab apple tree where its been living has a low branch that requires dropping the flaps to get it in and out.​
I'm pretty happy with my bike herd as it Is but I've often thought about a Ti frame from Habanero cycles (habcycles.com). But you folks do have to pay an import tax, I believe. I would prolly go for the Cross/Touring model for the wide tire capacity. By changing tires I could ride it almost all year round. Be nice to reduce the clutter.​
Hasta luego...​

classic33

Leg End Member
I beg to differ, Wales is a country in its own right according to google.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Wales

Unless you count the ISO standard 3166-2. Not recognized by the United Nations.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it

Tenkaykev

Guru
Yep, in both cases. Being married to a Scottish lady I've sung Flower of Scotland on many, many occasions and it always makes me wish we had a wonderful stirring anthem.

Perhaps Milton
Been for a walk from the house, very busy in places due to a population of 500,000 not being allowed to venture outside of the city boundary :sad:

Are you allowed to travel to the Kingdom of Fife? 😉

Top Bottom