The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
Had a couple of cups of coffee, now time to jump in the shower. Planning to walk into Poole this morning, partly to search for Mrs Tenkays missing glove, and also so Mrs Tenkay can take some photos for the daily challenge ( take a photo of five listed objects) no prizes, just be witty and creative. Yesterday afternoon saw her dash out to take a photo of a postbox that she needed to complete that day’s challenge.
Have a peaceful day folks 🏃‍♀️🚴‍♂️🏊

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Forecast says strong wind and heavy rain. Strong south westerly but no rain so far tho' not forecast until about 10 o'clock. Might get out if the rain stays off.
Just noticed a couple of cars going past well over the sped limit. Somebody has set something on fire probably.
I used to live next door to the old fire station which had a siren to summon the volunteers. The lifeboat station also fired maroons which was quite useful in both cases as you knew to keep out of the way for a while until they had all arrived and set off.
All electronic now so you have no warning. Also the control centres are not local and in one recent case two fire engines were sent to the wrong location. Fortunately somebody was able to stop the second one and redirect it.

monkers

Veteran
Good morning all. I have zombie-walked down the stairs to the kitchen and created a brew. Humanoid simulation process will now commence.

It's not looking terrible out there, I have bimbling in mind. Hope it's not terrible where you are either, hopefully many bimbling reports and even photos will emanate from you all here later today. Have a good one folks. xx

numbnuts

Legendary Member
We have now reached the dizying heights of 3 deg here. :laugh:
It's 23c here, but I'm paying for it :laugh:

Top Bottom