The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was brought up on the Kent coast, but I don't remember that, but I haven't been back for years so have probably forgotten it.
TBH I think its a horrible phrase.
When you think what it means.....euck xx(

Tenkaykev

Guru
I remember many years ago, going to a wedding in Chesterfield, I was quite unprepared to be called 'me duck' by so many people. :rolleyes:
Is it Somerset where the term of friendship is 'me handsome'? It has a certain charm about it I think.

"Moi 'Andsome" is used in Dorset too Monkers. I know this to be a fact as on one occasion I was waiting to board a bus and gestured to an elderly lady to board ahead of me. Her response was " Why thank you, moi ansome " ^_^

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour les amis et amies. Wet and windy today for a change so, to relieve some of the boredom, I might take Molly for a long walk later, in the wet , then dry her when we get back . Exciting stuff isn't it?
I believe the budget is next week I heard and I expect VAT to go up so there are two things I will need to do before April 5th:
1- Get the cambelt and water pump done on my car ( due every 6 years and the car will be 6 years old then) . Expected cost : £600 so might save a bit on VAT.
2. If I am going to buy my Trek Domane AL2, I will need to do so before April then as it has already gone up by £95.
Do you lot also think that VAT will go up?
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all...Another late night Zooming, woke up this morning with what felt like a massive hang over even though I only had one can of Hazy Jane. A nice long hot shower soon put me back on track.

The exciting thing today is the new washing machine is coming this afternoon, will get it going as soon as possible, we've got a weeks load of laundry to do.

Have a nice day folks (safe to say that)!

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I remember many years ago, going to a wedding in Chesterfield, I was quite unprepared to be called 'me duck' by so many people. :rolleyes:
Is it Somerset where the term of friendship is 'me handsome'? It has a certain charm about it I think.
Some years ago Mrs JK and I called to see the Lincolnshire relies on the return from a holiday in Scotland. (@Mo1959 which I would like to place on record is wonderful country with beautiful scenery and populated by lovely people ) at the end of the first day in Lincolnshire, Mrs JK remarked in 24 hours I have gone from being a Hen to Duck .

Tenkaykev

Guru
A belated greetings, I've been fettling the bike we use on the turbo trainer. The app that we are trying out works on phone or iPad. We have a desktop stand that we use for Zoom / facetime calls, it bringds the iPad up to just the right height when placed on top of an Argos catalogue on the coffee table ^_^ I've drilled a couple of holes in the base and attached it to the bike where it is in an ideal position.

Both Mrs Tenkay and myself do like the Fulgaz app, video quality is excellent and there are hundreds of rides available. Playing around with the app I see that you can arrange a group ride on any route. It looks a bit like setting up a Zoom meeting, in that you choose a route and specify a date / time for the start and the app generates an access code that you can send to friends so you can all ride together.

Mrs Tenkay has just headed off for a Dentist appointment and I'm about to whip the back of my new MacBook and do some mods.

Have a peaceful day folks

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Bonjour les amis et amies. Wet and windy today for a change so, to relieve some of the boredom, I might take Molly for a long walk later, in the wet , then dry her when we get back . Exciting stuff isn't it?
I believe the budget is next week I heard and I expect VAT to go up so there are two things I will need to do before April 5th:
1- Get the cambelt and water pump done on my car ( due every 6 years and the car will be 6 years old then) . Expected cost : £600 so might save a bit on VAT.
2. If I am going to buy my Trek Domane AL2, I will need to do so before April then as it has already gone up by £95.
Do you lot also think that VAT will go up?
Stay safe and enjoy your day.
That's my fear/expectation, might go up to 22% and probably put it on more things.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good day fellow members of the human race - will that do? Covers all possibilities I feel. I have now officially arrived for the day. It rained all night, it's rained all morning and is forecast to carry on raining. So......

Frankly the last two days have been shite. Horrible. All motivation gone. I hadn't just lost my mojo it had moved out and gone to live somewhere else. 🤣

Anyway. Forced myself to do Cardio Class last night and instantly felt better. Up and at 'em this morning. Washing done, dryer drying, tidying commenced, cleaning starts when Mrs P gets out of bed!!!

@dave r hope things are improving for your good lady.
Even me!!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
It is cold and wet here today. We managed to snatch a short walk, during a brief lull in the rain.

A bit bored now, so, I have joined in the "Gender thread"..... :rolleyes:

If I drift away from the “retirement thread” there are some member on here that think every time I write something they make it out to be “racists” and the post gets deleted, yet others can remark/ slander from the Queen down and nothing is said to them, it either that or the Mods don't like me........Opps where did my post go..........

Top Bottom