The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's possible to get ridiculously excited about stuff in these times. A parcel arrived with my name on. "Oh wonderful" I exclaimed, loudly apparently, "I wasn't expecting that for ten days!"

Mrs P appeared and asked what was so exciting. I showed her. She left the kitchen after giving me a look.

Now come on guys, you understand, I know you'll support me. My LBS hasn't been able to get stock of my favourite chain lube for months. Found some online yesterday, ordered it with a delivery time of March 3rd. It came today :bravo::bravo:

Not much else going on............you guessed? :cuppa:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It's possible to get ridiculously excited about stuff in these times. A parcel arrived with my name on. "Oh wonderful" I exclaimed, loudly apparently, "I wasn't expecting that for ten days!"

Mrs P appeared and asked what was so exciting. I showed her. She left the kitchen after giving me a look.

Now come on guys, you understand, I know you'll support me. My LBS hasn't been able to get stock of my favourite chain lube for months. Found some online yesterday, ordered it with a delivery time of March 3rd. It came today :bravo::bravo:

Not much else going on............you guessed? :cuppa:

Highlight of my day is waiting to get somethng in the post. What a sad person i am. Even getting a couple of balls of yarn makes me happy. How sad is that.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Highlight of my day is waiting to get somethng in the post. What a sad person i am. Even getting a couple of balls of yarn makes me happy. How sad is that.
I haven’t told Molly, but she has a new fleecy bed coming at some point. Sadly, it appears to be coming from China so God knows how long it will take. Good job I didn’t tell her. She would be fed up waiting. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

1614098149194.png

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Went for a nice long walk, and I thought I would record it on Strava.
Things didn't work so good. It didn't record the full distance, missing about 3 miles off the actual route, and it had us down as walking 5 and a bit miles in just over 40 minutes .

We were out for 3 and a half hours and did I reckon about 8 miles. It was nice and sunny if a little breezy.

12boy

Guru
@12boy OK I just have to know. I'm not curious simply downright nosey.

Why would a delegation from Mongolia need to visit Wyoming?
Not sure but I think it might have something to do with animal husbandry, which as I hope you know does not involve betrothing livestock.
Because hay is put up to provide food, the major limitation to how many cattle an acre of land can support is water. Drought cycles have a brutal effect on herd numbers. In the 1920s a gent with the dept of Agriculture invented a system whereby low earth dams were placed in gullies and ravines creating a catchment system for snow and rain runoff. These temporary ponds helped herds survive the arid summer. Perhaps that was the interest for our Mongolian friends.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
@12boy OK I just have to know. I'm not curious simply downright nosey.

Why would a delegation from Mongolia need to visit Wyoming?
In the same way that a party from Norway came to Shetland to see how they did tourism. The Shetlanders shut the cafe they were at for the occasion and left us in the lurch miles from any other food source so no lunch for us that day. That is the proper way to treat visitors.:ohmy:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Ordered an outdoor security camera which should come tomorrow. It will give me something to do on Thursday because:
a) Car MOT in the morning and no idea what time Amazon is coming.
b) expected rain all day.
c) sunny on Thursday and bike ride planned as well so busy day.
By the way, daughter's new house will be empty on March 13th so completion day should be around then and I shall be there to help.

Top Bottom