The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Nooooo!
:-)

Tenkaykev

Guru
Apparently there is an article in Road CC that out of 23 recycling helmets tested only 3 were approved. Doesn't bode well for manufacturers does it. The ones that passed are

View attachment 592149
Unless I am misunderstanding your post you appear to have substituted “ recommended “ for “approved “ ? There’s a world of difference in meaning between the two words.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Went for my little ride and encountered a guy who used to be a wrench as we say at LBS I've gone to here in Casper. We got to talking and that got me a 30C ride home against the wind and then uphill. Still, we had a nice chat which I enjoyed more than the ride uphill.
After I rest a bit I will go marinate in sweat for a while outside. I believe we will try a new Thai place tonight which has a good rep.
Be safe and be well.
Keep these descriptions of your adventures/ daily routines coming @12boy , it’s a wonderful counterpart to stories from this side of the pond. What with Welshies bloomers , Marmite, and the correct sequence of applying Jam / Cream to a scone ( the only true way is jam first ) it can get a bit insular on this forum and your revelations of life on the other side of the pond are truly refreshing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Police cars with blues and twos heading out of Oban at speed as I was coming in are not a good sign but heard no other sirens so probably not another RTC. A lorry tried to take bits of Connel Bridge with it yesterday but managed not to block the bridge again. The height is clearly marked but some either do not know their height or just chance it.
Our fellow thread-dwellers may not quite appreciate the significance of that bridge being blocked. Here is a map showing the diversion...! :whistle:

1622845378690.png

:laugh:

PS You can see why the lorry drivers want to use the bridge. If they are on the south side and need to make one delivery just over on the north side, they have a 280 km round trip to do it if they can't use the bridge!

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
I do love the differences in how we speak and write. Took the aged devil dog for a stroll up to Yesness pond 1/2 mile south of my place and took a coupla pics of wildflowers and the sunset over the pond. The pond is a popular fishin hole, and a good place to walk people and dogs.

Attachments

• PXL_20210605_022717476.jpg
    PXL_20210605_022717476.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20210605_023051478.jpg
    PXL_20210605_023051478.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210605_023704752.jpg
    PXL_20210605_023704752.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210605_023433765.jpg
    PXL_20210605_023433765.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 7

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm intrigued that you iron, I haven't touched an iron since I retired. What needs ironing?
  • Bed linen
  • Shirts - I like to wear collared shirts
  • Blouses - Mrs P
  • T-shirts
  • Jeans/Chinos/shorts - light press, no crease
  • Sweaters/cardigans
  • PJs - nothing worse than crinkly PJs!
Depends what one wears. I really enjoy a nice shirt very few of mine will hang dry and be crease free. Goes back to my working days. Being in horticulture most of my working life was spent in old shirts and jeans. Now I'm retired doing the exact opposite is very enjoyable.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning from a very sunny Lancashire. Shortly I will make a flask and sandwiches and head out to recce, again, next Sunday's club gravel ride. The route I tried last Saturday involved crossing four small streams.

Great walk yesterday though I was nackered at the end. My poor photos give a small impression of the 360⁰ panorama from @ColinJ Boulsworth Hill. The hill in the far distance on two images sloping steeply left to right is Pendle Hill, home of the dreaded "Nick ." Tried to do a 360⁰ photo for you all but failed. The small settlement just visible is Trawden.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning world.
Here we are again, on the cusp of another great day. :okay:
No bike rides today. Dog walking as normal followed by domestics. The bedclothes need washing and the down stairs needs vacuuming.
MrsP is off to meet a couple of her friends so the day is mine and the dog's.
I feel a pint or three coming on a the Mitre :cheers:

Top Bottom