The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I think you have said but may I ask how old she is.
Feel free to not answer.

She's six going on 7 Dave. Quite a handful and quite bright. One of her favourite games when visiting is " Stair Races " we both have to sit on the top step and bump down each step on our bottoms, climb back up the stairs and repeat, great fun but quite tiring ( for me 😁 )

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have just made a large pan of chicken Rogan Josh. Enough for 4 meals.
I will have one later and freeze the other 3.

I had chicken rogan josh for tea last night……sadly not home made! :laugh:

Just been on the treadmill for 5 miles. I was cold before I started but it doesn’t take long to heat up.

I bought some cartons of coconut water to try. They are supposed to be quite good for rehydration after exercise. Wasn’t sure if I would like the taste but I do thankfully as I bought 12 cartons from Amazon.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The rain and wind has arrived.
Fortunately, earlier I cycled up to the local grocers for a few bits, and the butchers because I fancied some his own pork and leek sausages. I also got MrsP an Easter Egg, she is a chocoholic and would sulk if I didn't get her one.🥺

Drago

Legendary Member
Now chucking it down here in Poshshire. I'm not entirely sure if there isn't a bit of sleet mixed in with it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had chicken rogan josh for tea last night……sadly not home made! :laugh:

Just been on the treadmill for 5 miles. I was cold before I started but it doesn’t take long to heat up.

I bought some cartons of coconut water to try. They are supposed to be quite good for rehydration after exercise. Wasn’t sure if I would like the taste but I do thankfully as I bought 12 cartons from Amazon.

I like rogan josh.....plenty of taste without being too hot.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
It's wash your feet Thursday or Maundy Thursday, we have the washing of feet tonight, well 12 of us will, they always ask me, not too sure why, maybe they are trying to tell me something :blush:.
You get a bottle of beer if you take part, I always decline, so I don't know who gets mine.
Just looked at the weather they say it will not be raining at 19:00 so hopefully I won't get wet again as this morning I went shopping and the heavens open when leaving the shop, I was like a drowned rat by the time I got in doors.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's wash your feet Thursday or Maundy Thursday, we have the washing of feet tonight, well 12 of us will, they always ask me, not too sure why, maybe they are trying to tell me something :blush:.
You get a bottle of beer if you take part, I always decline, so I don't know who gets mine.
Just looked at the weather they say it will not be raining at 19:00 so hopefully I won't get wet again as this morning I went shopping and the heavens open when leaving the shop, I was like a drowned rat by the time I got in doors.

2 questions.....one serious one not.
Why are 12 invited to this ceremony as Judas had already left so Jesus only washed the feet of 11 people (correct me if I am wrong.

The person washing your feet....would you ask him if he does home visits to Warrington :smile:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
2 questions.....one serious one not.
Why are 12 invited to this ceremony as Judas had already left so Jesus only washed the feet of 11 people (correct me if I am wrong.

The person washing your feet....would you ask him if he does home visits to Warrington :smile:

1. The wasing of the feet was done well before the last supper started so Judas was still there.
2. I don't think he would

Top Bottom