The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It is.

We are fairly nocturnal but I am am surprised how early some people go to bed.

Fair enough if some ravishment is planned. :laugh:

But crikey, some of the times posted are kiddy times.

One of our friends goes to bed at 9pm every night and one at c7.30pm !

Each to their own though.

I knew 2 elderly sisters that lived together and they were in bed by 19.30 latest.
I am in bed 'early' and enjoy getting cozy. Last night was 10ish and I went out like a light.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Physio yesterday, why does my dodgy knee miraculously improve as soon as I am on the treatment couch 🤔.
Collect granddaughter from school this afternoon and bring her back on the bus for a sleepover, best get practicing bumping down the stairs on my bottom as she loves racing granddad and always wins 😁

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Another grey, damp start to the day here.
I may well go and pester John at my local bike shop. I have a old Atom 5 speed freewheel on my Galaxy that I want to change for something a bit more knee friendly, and I don't have the two pronged tool to remove it. His shop is on the parade with the local grocers and I need some essentials from there.

Exlaser2

Veteran
It is.

We are fairly nocturnal but I am am surprised how early some people go to bed.

Fair enough if some ravishment is planned. :laugh:

But crikey, some of the times posted are kiddy times.

One of our friends goes to bed at 9pm every night and one at c7.30pm !

Each to their own though.

My mother aways used to go to bed at 8pm . And was forever moaning that she woke up early and had to get up at 5am every day. She never did understand the connection between these two events . 😂😀😀
Even though I did try, she was having none of it . 😀😀

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning again. I put the boots on and set off to walk a trail I haven't done all winter as it was so wet and muddy. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too bad. Just a couple of squishy bits. If we get another dry day or two it should be fine with trail shoes.

Time for my porridge and blueberries now, and I bought some Manuka honey in Aldi the other day so I'll put a drizzle of that in too.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Morning everyone, welcome to the weekend. 😀
Well it is the exlaser household, now that mrs exlaser only works Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday now
( and no more one in four Saturday working either) .
She is really enjoying her new job but is finding it strange having all her days off in a row. She is only working one day less but before those four days could be anywhere with in Tuesday to Saturday .

Top Bottom