The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well - look very windy out and everywhere was very wet this morning

looks dryer now

however, the last 3 days I have done 2 decent (for me) rides of 1 1/2 hours or more plus yesterday when I did about 10 miles just pottering about doing errands and stuff

now by back is very stiff

really should have ridden more over the winter - but every time I tried it was wet or windy
or I had other things to do that were more important
then I got out of the habit

what shows it is that a couple of winters ago I was going out quite often needing "THE BIG COAT" - i.e. a very thick fleece - with my high-vis jacket on top of it
and on some days I didn;t ever feel the need to unzip it at all so it must have been damn cold (for here anyway!)

this year it has hardly ever been off the peg in the hall - and I have only ridden on days it wasn;t necessary

must get back out more often as it is the best way for me to get any exercise without my knee or achilles tendon moaning for days after!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I'll live to fight another day as it's not skin cancer, but a pressure sore, which I told my doctor 3 yeras ago, but he dismissed it.

Attachments

• left 130324.jpg
    left 130324.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 5

Drago

Legendary Member
A ham salad wrap and a handful of unsalted peanuts for lunch. Now down to 17st 7lbs, near 2 1/2 stone since October. I'm looking lean and firm, so form an orderly queue Mo and Welshie.

Drippy tap fixed
it does this - starts dripping and the drip gets more frequent until it gets unreasonably annoying
I switch off the water to the cold tap and dismantle the tap itself to remove the casette thingy
scrub it and the hole it came out of and put it all back together

DOne it before so doesn;t take to long once I have taken all the carp out of the cupboard below, wrestled the shelf out from around all the pipes and drains - and then fiddled around underneath to turn the water off from the cold tap

so now the drip is about once a minute or so

no point in replacing anything because the whole kitchen is getting "updated" ina few months and that included a better tap

wife is muttering about taking the u-bend off and cleaning it all while I am at it

she has also bought a new toaster (it's been several weeks since we last bought one but she doesn;t like that one!!!) so I might go and get that first
othersie known as putting on the grotty horrible job by doing something else!

Top Bottom