The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
MrsP and MissP are off to Seville for a few days, so I am dropping them off at Stansted airport this morning. £7.00 just to drive in and drop off and the same to pick up. Plus, you only get 10 minutes for that, then it's another £1 per minute after that.😡
So it's just me and the dog and cats for 4 days.😁

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooee. Blooming cold here. 1 deg. :cold: :cold: . But we have blue skies so it will probably be a nice day.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The garden waste recycling lorry has just been down our road.
After managing to pay twice for the renewal of the service, I finally got one of the £97 payments back. Between the website and my impatientness I paid twice. The cost has gone up quite a bit this year. 1st increase since a charge for the collection service was introduced though. It was free when the service was first introduced.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Had to go to Argos this afternoon to pick up a new Toaster

Anyway - my wife bought it and sent me the email with the code number on to pick it up

so far so good

I got the email up on my phone in the house to be sure it was available when I got there - in case of signal problems etc

Soooooo
I got there - got my phone out as I was walking to the desk and there was the email

A bloke - probably 40 odd with a beard - nice bloke - came over and asked for the numbers for the "click and collect" - I went to show it to him and the email went blank in front of my eyes
OK - get it back up

Nope - gmail just refused to do anything
normally I can go back and re-open that email - nope
tried swiping it up to stop it and all that - no effect

The bloke was standing there watching me sympathetically
and said - if you put the phone on the desk I'll close the email for you and help to get it back

grrrrr - I'm sort of getting the hang of the computer things now - you know - after working with the damn things since 1981 and before at times!!!!
and programming major systems and all that

but he was trying to help "This old bloke who is having trouble with modern tech"

I ended up just restarting the whole phone while he went and did something else then came back looking sympathetic!!!

He was just being nice and trying to be helpful - but by the Gods it is annoying when that happens!!!!

We went to our 'local' as I had a message with a code number to offer a free meal.
Got to the bar, opened my phone and the message disappeared!!.
Never got it back and kissed goodbye to my free meal.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Blue sky ang gradually getting warmer.
I woke at approx 6 but was so comfy I managed to dose till 7.
Just had a knock on the conservatory door......I had forgotten the builders were coming to finish the patio.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. The birthday girl and husband and daughter and boyfriend are all coming up for breakfast this morning. The food last night was nothing to rave about but the atmosphere was good. The next 50th birthday will be my son, at the end of the year.
Nice and sunny day today.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning all, a bright start and looks set to be a pleasant day.
Late as ever, we have started watching series 1 of Blue Lights. It’s quite an eye opener. Are things really that bad still in Northern Ireland ? Looks horrendous.

I loved it. Quite tense isn't it. I haven't started series 2 yet and hoping it is just as good. I might binge it when there's nothing else on.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bonjour. The birthday girl and husband and daughter and boyfriend are all coming up for breakfast this morning. The food last night was nothing to rave about but the atmosphere was good. The next 50th birthday will be my son, at the end of the year.
Nice and sunny day today.

My granddaughters 21st is coming up shortly. My daughter has booked a large cottage in Whitby so the whole close family are going. I have very mixed feelings about it.

Top Bottom