The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Using my slow cooker today making honey garlic chicken, so far not impressed....it just sits there and does nothing
My parcel is coming today.......like it was yesterday :rolleyes:
Delay that it has just bubbled.....just the one mind

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have been waiting all morning for a delivery of 4 x 2 beams and 10 lengths of decking to replace the existing rotten one. Now that it has come, although i am all dressed in my scruff to get started on it. I just don't feel like it . I will be out all day and Sunday tomorrow so it may have to wait till Monday, unless Mrs G decides otherwise when she gets back.

Up early today - 7:30 - early for me anyway

finally managed to persuade myself to go for a ride at about 11ish
I knew I would enjoy it once I started but really didn;t want to start

Great when I got out - went along the canals - well the canal paths because the canals tend to be rather wet!
There was one muddy bit where the back wheel went left suddenly and the canal (the wet bit) was just on my right - which certainly upped my heart rate for a few seconds!

But I got right round the normal summer loop - 2hours worth and somewhere over 20 miles which is good for me!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mrs SD has had a hair restyle today, gone short too. Really suits her :wub: plus she can wear all her dangly earrings again - they previously got tangled in her long hair.

She's buzzing. I love seeing her so happy.

No highlights needed this time so only £120 vs the usual £150.

£30, what can I buy with that?

Top Bottom