The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: Hi

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
What confuses me is he says he is going to the park to walk the dog, yet needs a full time carer.

Could be - the "full time" bit is a bit dodgy - but I have met some people who can walk around OK but can;t get out of a chair or bed

and maybe the carer has to go with them

or maybe it is just a "good day" and most days they do need the carer

probably not - but you can never tell with disability

Additionally - some people do some research and have conditions where the doctor can only base their diagnosis on what the patient says

so if the patient says something they have to believe them because there is no direct measurement that can confirm it

my ex was like that - I have not idea which of her "conditions" were genuine - but I suspect very few and I know several were faked
but then - I am biased
Edited for several mistypes - bad even for me!!!

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Additionally - some people do some research and have conditions where the doctor can only base their diagnosis on what the patient says

so if the patient says something they have to believe them because there is no direct measurement that can confirm it

my ex was like that - I have not idea which of her "conditions" were genuine - but I suspect very few and I know several were faked
but then - I am biased
Edited for several mistypes - bad even for me!!!

Some good points there. My Doctor didn't believe that long covid was a real thing. It was only after many hours of me getting tested in hospital that she acknowledged it and put it in writing so I could get a blue badge.......but it took years.
When the weather warms up I am determined to stroll around the park so if I can and if anyone sees me they could assume I am faking it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Retirement philosophising (low level):

How is it that older folk can have Mobile Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Kindles etc for a good number of years and never get them scratched let alone damaged?

Yet kids & grandkids (and no doubt the first great grandkid* due this August in a few years time) seem incapable of of keeping theirs in useable condition for even a year or two?

*Hideously named Delilah! But what can you say eh?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

How is it that older folk can have Mobile Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Kindles etc for a good number of years and never get them scratched let alone damaged?

Yet kids & grandkids (and no doubt the first great grandkid* due this August in a few years time) seem incapable of of keeping theirs in useable condition for even a year or two?

Maybe because we don't keep our phones in our jeans' back pocket?

classic33

Leg End Member

You're not over thinking this are you?

Top Bottom