The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A beautiful start weather wise which is strange as the forecast is for constant rain.
My Bro and SiL are coming later (lunch time). They have been very good to me since I got Covid and Sue died. To get here their journey is a ball ache but they visit as often as possible.
We were due to go for a pub meal but when I told them I had made this chilli they opted for that. They both have BIG appetites so most, maybe all the chilli will be gone.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

The parts to finish the Bantam engine should arrive this morning, so I might have a morning in the workshop.
Just got the top end and the generator/ignition system to install.

IMG_20240429_170144908.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
@screenman you don't know the meaning of the word exciting!!! I, on the other hand have just been to Aldi.....now that is real excitement.
I needed nan bread to go with the chilli and rice so decided to go there and stock up on a few things.
Splashed out on what looks like some good wine........ I normally pay 5 quid max but pushed the boat out and paid £6.50. Call me Mr extravagant if you wish.

screenman

Legendary Member
@screenman you don't know the meaning of the word exciting!!! I, on the other hand have just been to Aldi.....now that is real excitement.
I needed nan bread to go with the chilli and rice so decided to go there and stock up on a few things.
Splashed out on what looks like some good wine........ I normally pay 5 quid max but pushed the boat out and paid £6.50. Call me Mr extravagant if you wish.

I bought a bottle of Lidl organic Pinot for £6.49 I thought I was buying a £3.99 one, it was nice but not worth the extra to my untrained palate.

That is where we differ as my trained palate has taught me to be a connoisseur of fine wine...... 5 quid a bottle is nothing to me.

I used to drink too much wine - and it tended to be the "less than £5" ones

but I mostly gave up a while ago and now only drink any about once a month, if that

so now I generally have a couple of bottle in - from the "around £7" sort of price - and mostly from offers

A parcel arrived this morning
I vaguely remember my wife saying something about a place to keep her jewellery rather than it being on several hangers and in a few drawers around the place

anyway - this was it
I remember it being something to hang on the back of a door and opening up
but this is about 4 1/2 foot long with 2 sides to it

So - I need some advise - does this mean that she thinks I need to buy her more jewellery so it doesn;t look so empty???

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A parcel arrived this morning
I vaguely remember my wife saying something about a place to keep her jewellery rather than it being on several hangers and in a few drawers around the place

anyway - this was it
I remember it being something to hang on the back of a door and opening up
but this is about 4 1/2 foot long with 2 sides to it

So - I need some advise - does this mean that she thinks I need to buy her more jewellery so it doesn;t look so empty???

That or she didn't realise just how big it was going to be. I would say the latter. :laugh:

Top Bottom