The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning folks, a grey start to the day, I am currently sitting in bed reading the Beano with our granddaughter 😎. It looks like hoops with maple syrup for breakfast, and a separate glass of chocolate milk followed by pains au raisin 😁
Diet starts tomorrow 🤞

From memory the Dandy was my favourite comic. Can't recall the characters from the Beano.

screenman

Legendary Member
By housework I assume you mean changing the tea towel.

I will have you know I am getting quite domesticated, sort of. Apart from building and decorating, I was not that involved in domestic chores before. I was the earner, and Pam stayed at home and looked after the house. It was a team that worked extremely well.

But that reminds me that I must go and change the towel in the downstairs toilet.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all. Set to be a nice day and a good week weather wise.
Bear with me on this but.......
I was supposed to be going away with the family (8 in total) until Friday. Anyway, yesterday I backed out of it. Multiple reasons that even I can't fully understand but my health plus going away with Sue not there doesn't help.
For 50+ years I have enjoyed lots of holidays but now (at the moment) I am content in my house with my garden and my bog.
BTW....I happily paid for my share of the rental.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I binged really badly again yesterday. I really don’t have a healthy relationship with food. Just started reading a book called Brain over Binge and the author sounds so like me. Hoping I learn something from it.

I am struggling to eat recently. I have to force myself. Part of it is that I can't face the preparation .

screenman

Legendary Member
Good morning all. Set to be a nice day and a good week weather wise.
Bear with me on this but.......
I was supposed to be going away with the family (8 in total) until Friday. Anyway, yesterday I backed out of it. Multiple reasons that even I can't fully understand but my health plus going away with Sue not there doesn't help.
For 50+ years I have enjoyed lots of holidays but now (at the moment) I am content in my house with my garden and my bog.
BTW....I happily paid for my share of the rental.

I feel the same. Things are not easy, but I am trying to push through. I am certainly not ready to party. The things that upset me quickly are seeing something and thinking Pam will never see that again. It is so painful. Grieving is your last sign of love; remember that.

Top Bottom