The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Washing done and on the line. Mr WD is on his mower and cutting the grass.

I'm pottering now.

And lamb today.

I have been making my list for shopping tomorrow. I was going to make a loaf of bread the other day but didn't have flour so must put that on the list.

And lamb stock cubes as well.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just looked at my weather ap and we could be in for a storm from now until 9 pm

Dave7

Legendary Member
My first bank holiday as a retired person, I feel as if I should get an extra day off in lieu.

Not many people know this as I don't like to boast but I have friends in high places.
So......I have just been on the phone to HM Charles, or Charlie as I call him. I explained your situation and he has kindly granted you an extra day.......tomorrow. so you are free to chill or do anything you wish.
No need to thank me but you can if you wish.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It’s hard to tell with the likes of some of them.
Can you afford to be picky?

I would like to think I can.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just back from a pleasant 40 mile bimble on my AJS 350. Went out through Blue Anchor, Dunster and Whiddon Cross to Dunkery Beacon, the highest point on Exmoor.
Stopped off to take a snap and a family from Scotland pulled up beside me with this gorgeous little JR terrier.

IMG_20240506_110535603_HDR.jpg

Got home, cleared my pond of weed, had lunch and currently sitting on our patio with a cold beer and listening to our babbling brook with steam trains chuffing and whistling in the distance.
Bliss!

IMG_20240506_131453298_HDR.jpg

My wife has just asked me why she has a load of messages from Digital Playground in her Spam folder!!!

I suggest that if you are wondering what that it then you do NOT check on a work computer

or when anyone is watching!!!!

No idea how that has got her email address (and NO - I have not been using her computer - cheeky b*****!!!)

I suggested that she delete them and ignore them

weird!

not even as if her email address is a normal type one that a bot could generate!

Not that I am not asking many questions!!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning Peeps.
After yesterday's dismal day, the sun is shining and the sky is a clear blue.
Sainsbury's are delivering the essential goodies this morning.
One of MrsP's friends who got made redundant a month ago is coming down to stay with us for a few days, she lives in Shropshire. MrsP has a few things lined up to take her to in London that are free. A recording of Loose Women which I believe is a daytime telly programme and a visit to Kensington gardens and Holland park which are nearby and all on the way home.
Joy is a veggie though so my vegetarian cookery skills will be put to the test over the next few days.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Top Bottom