The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
It may be a generation thing .I was first taken our local library by my big brother,I wasn’t old enough to take out books He would take a book from the childrens section that he my sister or my parents would read to me .I used to put my hand on the counter and the lady librarian would stamp my hand.

I could not read until I was about 9 years old, I have had my head stuck in books ever since, well Kindle now as I find it a lot easier.

pawl

Legendary Member
I could not read until I was about 9 years old, I have had my head stuck in books ever since, well Kindle now as I find it a lot easier.

I can’t remember when I learnt to read Probably in the last year of infants.I Always remember I had Rupert books usually for Christmas long before I could read.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I loved reading when I was growing up. I still read off and on and love my Kindle.

I had a wander round the outskirts of the town for a change. It’s really warm out now and very busy so I’ve decided to just stick the pjs on and shut the blinds and chill this afternoon.

Talking of reading, I might actually read for a few hours.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I love my kindle. Give me that any day over dusty books that take up space.

Exlaser2

Veteran
And playing cowboys and indians with catapults. Swinging from tree branches. Riding a bike with no helmet. Going in parents cars with no seat belts. The list goes on but I can't remember them all. The fact is, I am still here and in good health, surviving all those hazards that H&S regard as dangerous now.

Nothing stopping you not wearing a helmet. 😀 Neither my daughter or myself were wearing one today . We both have them, so we can take part in organised events or rides but never wear them while solo riding or commuting .😀

TBH there is nothing stopping you playing cowboys and Indians or swinging from trees either other than family/friends/strangers looking at you a little strangely 😂😂

Plus for any of you that were concerned, I did make it back from my ride alive 😀😂😂………. JUST . 😀

Dave7

Legendary Member
Talking of nostalgia
When my daughter was 3 years old she had flat feet. The hospital recommended she wore clogs.
At the time there was a clog maker in Warrington.
We had them made and sure enough it cured the problem.
I have kept them for over 50 years.
20240518_130330.jpg

Top Bottom