The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bonum noctis.
Sithi

Good morning, we have light rain from an overcast sky. My knee twinge isn't as twingey and my Garmin tells me that I should be fully recovered from Sunday's race in another six hours. Shed painting is oh hold until the weather improves so I may rearrange under the stairs as a Brompton garage.
Have a peaceful day folks ☀️☕️👍

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's still raining. :rain: :rain: :rain:
Haircut day today. I can't do anything outside because of the weather, so a visit to the barbers and maybe a pint or two in the Mitre which is close by. Then I'll watch the Giro.
By the way, what does sithi stand for?

screenman

Legendary Member
Good morning all.
It's still raining. :rain: :rain: :rain:
Haircut day today. I can't do anything outside because of the weather, so a visit to the barbers and maybe a pint or two in the Mitre which is close by. Then I'll watch the Giro.
By the way, what does sithi stand for?

I'm Yorkshire according to Google, goodbye.

In Hindi it means dregs.

Good morning all, murky and wet again here.
Had a good day yesterday, a rare morning of sun. Did an enjoyable mtb ride with MrsFoE, through the Penicuik estate and back through the Pentlands. 23 miles of decent dry track with only a few short stretches on road. Belatedly heard my first cuckoo of the year. Got back about 2pm just as the weather changed.
Watched the shenanigans in the Giro in the afternoon then in the evening paid our second visit to the theatre in recent weeks. The play this time was quite a gripping reworking of Macbeth, “Macbeth, an undoing”, and another enjoyable experience.
I speculate often about moving to somewhere with better weather and better cycling but every so often a day like yesterday presents a good case for staying put.

Top Bottom