The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The sun has almost broken through the cloud cover, and the temperature has risen quite dramatically because of it.🌞

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not the start of a NCAP discussion but I think apathy has set in re the impending election at chez moi.

For the first time ever we are thinking of not bothering to vote on the basis that changes in political direction will make very little difference to us at our time of life.

Probably flawed thinking but, despite being young at heart, very active etc we feel generally out of kilter with what is happening globally and in the UK, especially with the unprecedented societal shifts and new cultural 'norms' that we have witnessed these last few decades.

It's feeling a bit 'not our world' out there.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Is this just an age thing or something else?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Not the start of a NCAP discussion but I think apathy has set in re the impending election at chez moi.

For the first time ever we are thinking of not bothering to vote on the basis that changes in political direction will make very little difference to us at our time of life.

Probably flawed thinking but, despite being young at heart, very active etc we feel generally out of kilter with what is happening globally and in the UK, especially with the unprecedented societal shifts and new cultural 'norms' that we have witnessed these last few decades.

The country is fecked……..that’s all I will say. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member

Even the younger ones were feeling that way a month ago.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Serious question - do you feel like you are withdrawing from the world? Or maybe you already have?

Feels like we are here.

Yes, in a way. I haven’t even watched a news on telly for nearly 2 months now. To be honest, I would prefer to live in ignorance of what is going on in this country and elsewhere. I seem to be living more and more of a solitary existence

Drago

Legendary Member

Not so much apathy here as wilful disinterest.

Politics and the bickering that surrounds it has never interested me, and the older I get the less I care.

If anyone discovers a politics free, or at least general election free, radio station then please let me know. Classic FM have done so in the past, just waiting to see if they'll do so this time around.

Similarly, if Elon wants any volunteers for a crewed Mars mission over the next 6 weeks then I'll be first in the queue.

Top Bottom