The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Yep, when I got into bike racing in the 80’s there seemed to be a lot of full time riders funded by their weekly giro’s.
When i was second in command at Chapeltown Road postal District Office Leeds 7.For a fee of 15p,you could have your mail withheld from delivery.And on producing the right ID ,you could collect your mail.So one lad comes in,collects then tells me he is buying a motorbike with his giro money.He left home got a flat was made redundant and got social security payments including his rent.But he told me he had gone back to live at home.So he would be coming in for his mail from this address.No he did not i rang the Social Security office and dobbed him in.My lads were getting up at 4-00 in the morning six days a week so that shoot could do that.We never saw him again.

When i was second in command at Chapeltown Road postal District Office Leeds 7.For a fee of 15p,you could have your mail withheld from delivery.And on producing the right ID ,you could collect your mail.So one lad comes in,collects then tells me he is buying a motorbike with his giro money.He left home got a flat was made redundant and got social security payments including his rent.But he told me he had gone back to live at home.So he would be coming in for his mail from this address.No he did not i rang the Social Security office and dobbed him in.My lads were getting up at 4-00 in the morning six days a week so that shoot could do that.We never saw him again.

Very un Australian but well done

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning.
Filled in my volunteer form and once processed will start on the task of transcribing handwritten letters and other documents from a local archive. There's no deadline and as there's over 500 items that need processing. I have to admire the guile of the lady in charge of the project, in the email appealing for volunteers it shows a document written in elegant cursive script, in reality the majority of the documents look as though written by an intoxicated doctor🤔.
Meeting friends lunchtime as it is the Barking Cat beer festival 🍺🍺😄. I have baked a cake to celebrate a couple of birthdays, cake and beer, food of the gods 😇🍺🎂

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Another very wet one here.
Cleaner coming at 10.
Electrician here at 09.30. He has 3 jobs to do. After all this time I have had a socket fitted outside the garage. Problem is every now and again we are plague by our visiting travelling friends and they think nothing of parking on your drive a plugging in to you supply.
So one job is to put an isolation switch inside the garage.
Oh yes.....I have to put the bedding in to wash.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Cleaner coming at 10.
Electrician here at 09.30. He has 3 jobs to do. After all this time I have had a socket fitted outside the garage. Problem is every now and again we are plague by our visiting travelling friends and they think nothing of parking on your drive a plugging in to you supply.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning all.
Cleaner coming at 10.

Missing a trick there Dave...

IMG_5673.jpeg

Top Bottom