The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
We have a Polo, too.

On our T.cross, lane assist could be cancelled with two quick button pushes at start-up.

On the Polo the same applies except an orange warning light appears in the dashboard signifying the function is off. No way around it, either. Annoying!

The digital manual is crap, not a patch on the more comprehensive paper version with the previous car.

If we hadn't had the T.cross with similar functions, we would be struggling setting up the Polo, for sure.

Find someone with VCDS to reprogram so it stays off as default. T'is how I did the van with lane assist, stop-start, etc.
 

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Lots of electrickery work done today, got gifted a 6.5 kW generator! Nees a little bit of fettling but works. More power than I could possibly use. Happy Old Hippy.
 
Location
Widnes
Our new VW Polo has all these bells and whistles fitted, when we pick it up some of these functions will be disabled, when I find out how.🤔

I have switched of nearly everything on my Honda

When I took it to teh Honda dealer for a camshaft replacement
when I got it back some had magically come back - I presume they are defaulted if the power is switched off

which was annoying
 
Top Bottom