The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooeeee. 3 deg here :cold:. I have a small fire going.

Stay safe peeps :hello:
 

Tenkaykev

Guru
Location
Poole
Good morning all from a chilly but clear Cheshire.
Thr 'friends of' group are having an impact morning when the plan is to paint those benches and fence parts that have not been done yet. I will try and wake up for that.

There's several local groups who have meet ups to do various tasks like tidying and planting the common public spaces. There's also a bi weekly litter pick where folks meet up, get issued a hi viz vest, a bin bag and a picking stick before heading out around the area. I'm tempted to join and wear a fake ankle tag so people think " I never knew Kev was a wrong'un " 😁
 
:hello:Morning, I feel like 💩 both upper arms are sore
from the jabs yesterday and I ache all over, like I've fallen
down the stairs twice.
 

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning from a very busy Lancashire. A decent day ahead but not as good as yesterday's glorious sunshine. Many small tasks achieved so far along with two really tasty ones - six portions of moussaka are finishing cooling before going in the freezer, eight portions of Boeuf Bourguignon are in the oven, almost reached the point when I pop in the shallots, mushrooms and some cornflower to thicken it........I'm just giving the beef ten more minutes to soften a little more.

I'll try and crack on with the allotment in a bit. The last of the tomatoes to pick and roast with garlic and herbs for the freezer, then plants on the compost heap, runner and French beans need pulling out and likewise to the compost heap. I'll probably turn it over and seal up for the winter...............eee tha'll be grand stuff next year....................

Later this afternoon we're going to see #2 son. I'll bob into B&Q for guttering while Mrs P visits. He'll want to cuddle his Mum and will ignore me when I turn up.......................my role is Rovers, Mrs P's is cuddling!! :laugh:
 
Top Bottom