The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Still find the site very difficult to use so may mot be around much until it's sorted.
 

Tenkaykev

Guru
Location
Poole
Good morning from a misty Dorset. Had a second attempt at making Parkin yesterday, not sure if it was my deviation from the blessed Mary's recipe that meant an extra 30 minutes in the oven but it looked ok when it eventually came out . A day of housework and shopping as Mrs Tkk returns from Edinburgh tomorrow, she sent a text last night from the pub to say that it was Irish music night and that she was embarrassing her daughter with her singing along 😁
 

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
Morning all. 15° here. Not sure what's with the weather.....I went to bed with the promise of a sunny day but wake up to find thats changed to showers all day.
I notice my sleep pattern has really changed. I used to be wide awake at 4.30-5ish. I now wake for a pee break at 4ish then get back to a heavy sleep and am still groggy when I get up.
I feel an Aldi dash coming on as I need a few bits n bobs.
 

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
Salut.
Do you remember I said we were joining the line dancing group? Well, we have been twice and decided it is not for us.
Don't get me wrong , the people in the group are very nice and helpful but Mrs can't keep her balance when turning and I just can't synchronise my feet when moving fast so we are giving up.
I tried on my own in front of You Tube at home but just can't do it.
So that's the end of that.
We have now decided to join the U2A group as they seem to offer loads of different activities, including cycling outings for me, from March to end of October.
We are going to an open meeting on Tuesday to see about it.

Is it my imagination that @PaulSB is with U3A while you are joining U2A ? If so what is the difference?
 
Top Bottom