England : East Yorkshire The ride through nowhere to somewhere - Spurn Head, Sat Sept 16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Very, very tempted. I love riding that corner :smile:. But it'll be a last minute decision for me - depends on work :whistle:

tumblr_nleo1rtkeR1rlbumgo1_500.gif

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well I'm back in Leicester. The weather for the ride was awful, but @EasyPeez ans @Pale Rider were both great company :hello:, I would recommend to anyone to join them on the next ride. Bonus was they both rode with me for the first 15 miles or so back today and keeping in with the rubbish weather I got caught in the mother of a cloudburst, really, stupidly really, heavy rain which then turned to hail. Hope you two enjoyed your ride today and managed to avoid the rain

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks for the kind words.

On the topic of compliments, your positive and cheerful attitude on Saturday when we were badly up against the weather was appreciated.

The ride itself is a good one, there being more to see in the landscape than I previously realised.

Presumably, there will always be some wind out there, but what we had on Saturday was fierce - Andy remarked the raindrops were stinging his face as they belted against it.

Lesser men would have weakened, but were we downhearted?

Absolutely, but we did a good a job of not showing it, which is half the battle.

Great to meet you, Chris. A ride with Rob is always a pleasure, but the weekend was definitely the better for your company.

We had a very pleasant ride today, but also copped for that heavy rain and hail. The pace you were going, I hoped you might have outrun it.

Hope we can have a crack at another route, in better weather, sometime soon.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Wondered how you guys had faired, I had similar weather riding home on Friday especially over the humber bridge, heavens opened & a shitty headwind
I was in Bradford on Saturday & weather was good so was hoping you had the same, but the misses told me it had been quite miserable over here ☹
Hopefully I can make the next ride

Top Bottom